Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Welcome to Raising Special Needs Kids! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Raising Special Needs Kids group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Raising Special Needs Kids!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Replies (151-160):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Welcome to the group Jessica.

Quoting andersonmommy2:

Hello, My name is Jessica and I'm 25. I have 2 kids my oldest is Konner who is 3 and my youngest is Dixie who is 17months old. Konner is diagnosed with Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia and Dystonia. They are not sure which one 100% as what he has so they are treating him for both diseases. We get genetic testing done tomorrow for both diseases so hopefully in a few months we will know for sure what he has. They have ruled out cerebral palsy, spina bifida, muscular dystrophy, ms, and a few others. Now we play the waiting game to see which one he has. He goes in next month to get the Baclofen pump trial done to see if he is a candidate. At this point in his life he has never taken a step on his own and is in a wheelchair. For is 3rd birthday while blowing out the candles he wished to walk like his lil sister. We are going to try hard to give him his wish.

CleftieMama
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi! I'm a 25 yo single mom with a 4 month old baby boy!

Brandon was born a beautiful blue eyed baby. He has a bilateral cleft lip, strabismus of the left eye and plagiocephaly of the left side of his skull. He will need a remolding helmet soon.

His lip surgery is scheduled for March 19th - until then we've been using the NAM device. (see photo)

He is my one and only lovelie!!!

Anyone else here with a cleftie babe? :) Add me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! baby dust

letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

welcome , im joy , glad you are here

Quoting CleftieMama:

Hi! I'm a 25 yo single mom with a 4 month old baby boy!

Brandon was born a beautiful blue eyed baby. He has a bilateral cleft lip, strabismus of the left eye and plagiocephaly of the left side of his skull. He will need a remolding helmet soon.

His lip surgery is scheduled for March 19th - until then we've been using the NAM device. (see photo)

He is my one and only lovelie!!!

Anyone else here with a cleftie babe? :) Add me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! baby dust

Nursedanna
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello Amanda,

I am a RN that has worked with special needs kids for 14 years. I will try and answer as any questions you have. Please feel free to ask.. Best wishes.

Danna

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Welcome to all our new members!

desperatemom123
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi my name is Melissa I am 42 yrs. Old and I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 18yrs. I am the proud mother of three children my oldest who is 16 gifted diagnosed with depression, and add but I think they got it wrong because we are dealing with a lot of ups and downs (moods) with him. My second child is 15yrs. Old and he is developmentaly delayed, seizure disorder, gets speech and ot (at school). Was just given the diagnosis of autism. My third is my beautiful daughter who will be 13yrs old this month. I'm sorry about the paragraph. I did join cm a couple months ago but just found this group.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
desperatemom123
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I just wanted to also say hi to everyone. I hope you are all having a good day so far:-) I also wanted to say to cleftiemama your baby Brandon, is beautiful! The face he is making in the pic. Made me smile. He looks like he's going to be a handful. Good luck! Have a good weekend everyone!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TwinDeb
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello all!! I am 42 yr old mother of 8 yr old fraternal twins. One son, Nathan, has Down Syndrome. The other son, Nicholas, is gifted. Believe it or not, there are a lot of issues with a gifted child. Nathan is doing pretty good. He is close to being completely potty trained, but he is not verbal yet. That has been our biggest issue with him. I am happy to join this group and hoping to meet lots of Mothers who also live day to day with the challenges and rewards of having a special needs child!!

letstalk747
by Joy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM

welcome Melissa , im joy , glad you are here

Quoting desperatemom123:

Hi my name is Melissa I am 42 yrs. Old and I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 18yrs. I am the proud mother of three children my oldest who is 16 gifted diagnosed with depression, and add but I think they got it wrong because we are dealing with a lot of ups and downs (moods) with him. My second child is 15yrs. Old and he is developmentaly delayed, seizure disorder, gets speech and ot (at school). Was just given the diagnosis of autism. My third is my beautiful daughter who will be 13yrs old this month. I'm sorry about the paragraph. I did join cm a couple months ago but just found this group.

letstalk747
by Joy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:37 PM

welcome , im joy glad you are here

Quoting TwinDeb:

Hello all!! I am 42 yr old mother of 8 yr old fraternal twins. One son, Nathan, has Down Syndrome. The other son, Nicholas, is gifted. Believe it or not, there are a lot of issues with a gifted child. Nathan is doing pretty good. He is close to being completely potty trained, but he is not verbal yet. That has been our biggest issue with him. I am happy to join this group and hoping to meet lots of Mothers who also live day to day with the challenges and rewards of having a special needs child!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN