Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blagh! Random-ish GI phone call has me on pins and needles *UPDATE*

Posted by   + Show Post

This is really no big deal compared to the normal stuff, but it just, blegh, totally threw me off. 

I got a call  today from GI to schedule botox for Tyler's anus/rectum. It's supposed to basically paralyze the muscle which will mean stool will  basically be seeping out all the time. It sucks, but we are willing to try anything at this point. Anyway, last we had spoken to GI in late December (we are due for our monthly appt) , we were holding off cuz Ty was doing quite well. Granted now we are back to enemas once a week, but that's better than having them everyday. The lady said that she just got the orders Monday and sometimes the dr's get a little ahead and she was probably planning this for our next appt but put the orders in now. So she is calling the nurses and having them call me before they schedule it. 

So now I am on pins and needles wondering what the dr is thinking and wanting and waiting to hear from the nurses. On one hand, this is kinda opportunistic because I needed to call them anyway to harass them about our monthly  GI appt still not being scheduled again and to ask what info they have heard from Cincinnati yet. But this means another procedure. Being put under again. I thought we wouldn't need under again until  Cincinnati. At the same time, if he is going under, I may talk to genetics, they have been wanting a muscle biopsy but wanted to wait until he is under for another procedure and while I would rather wait for the DNA tests to come back, I would like to take advantage of him going under as well. Blagh. Too much in  my mind!

**Update**  so I got a call this morning that GI had a spot tomorrow morning so we are seeing her then. And then we have a late afternoon pulmonology appt and the hospital is an hour away from home, so we are spending the day at the hospital, not looking forward to it! Then this ftaernoon I got a call from our GI nurse. She said that the GI decided to do the botox and flex sigmoidoscopy because Ty goes back and and forth all the time and while he is doing good right now, they want to do this hoping to extend this good streak. So we will see. It makes sense and I do agree with them. Just being proactive instead of reactive. I prefer this over hospital clean outs! Then they weren't happy that we haven't been contacted by Cincinnati and they haven't contacted our GI either. She called them yesterday morning and is calling them again tomorrow morning. She hopes they will hear something by our appt in the morning, but I personally doubt it and am seriously losing not only hope in their hospital, but confidence! Do I really want to take Ty for invasive testing across the country in a hospital who can't simple communicate with our dr's?! And sadly they are supposed to be #1 in the country for the testing we need! Blegh. 

Help Tyler Get A Seizure Response Dog 1/26/13

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Replies (21-22):
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Glad you heard some answers

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM


Every Second of Every Day is a New Beginningpuppy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)