Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do I get to have fun?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

I spend so much time making sure that my son's world is turning and taking care of everyday-got to do it suff that I never have time for fun.  My last vaction was 2001, it was my honeymoon.  I would kill to get away for week, but that just isn't going to happen.  Even overnight is impossible right now.  I love my son and I gladly take care of him, I'm just worn out.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mipsy
by Chelle on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM
*hugs* I hear you, I really do. What about doing a playdate? That way he has a friend and you get some adult time. I find that adult time always refreshes me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dawncs
by Dawn on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Have you thought of getting respite care for your son through your service provider? Some do offer it. If they offer you so much per month, I recommend getting a college student with a major of nursing, social work, education, or psychology. It looks good on their resume.

Dawn
Beautifully Talanted Autistic Social Story Author
Diagnosed Asperger Syndrome as an adult
Diagnosed Edema (since young)
Author Page: http://www.toyboxunlimited.com/ (has discounts)

letstalk747
by Joy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I HEAR YA

sammygrl77
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM
((Hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TommyAbby
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Why not find out about respite care? I use it for my two. Hubby and I are going away for 2 nights in March and they are going to the respite house for that time. We also have someone that comes into our home 6hrs per week to give us a break. 

Talk to your service coordinator to get the ball rolling. Good Luck!! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Hugs mama!  I focus on the little things during the day...going for a run or walk, taking a hot bath, etc.  Do you have any time to yourself at all?  Any help from family?

sheila5745
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

First,my heart goes out to you.

Second. where do you live? I would open my home to watch your child, while you and your husband got away for a week. I am really going to open it all up here. I have 2 adult children and 5 grand kids. My oldest grand child has autism and Mr. My husband and I are no spring chicks any more. But we are raising and have custody of our grand child with autism. On top of this I am home schooling her. I told my daughter when she chose to have kids there was no me any more. The kids have to come first. With that being said. You need time for yourself and your marriage. Dear, if you do not get the time, things will not work.

Third. Get your DD coordinator involved, get the respite covered. They will help. I have 5 hrs. per week. I have 2.5 hrs 2x's a week, I can leave and get together with a friend. But my child doesn't dress, shower, cloth herself and my child's Dr. said that was not enough hours. So now the state is paying for another 14 hrs. a week. With the extra hrs. I can not leave but it gives me time to go to the school room and get the school work planned for the next day. I feel so good most days now and I can tackle(now) my child. I have not left her with respite over night. My daughter comes to my house with her other kids and stays with her. We got away in Oct. B&B down South. It was wonderful.

I am sorry this is so long, but trust me. You and your husband need a break to renew your marriage. Take care and I hope this helps you. With all the other wonderful suggestiond on here for you. Give yourself and a big hug. You deserve it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)