Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Balancing act

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM
  • 13 Replies

Ive started a new job, I work from home which is nice because I can still be here. But I think I am going to have trouble juggling when to make time to sit down and do some work and when not to. I feel like I have so much to do.... my little boy has down syndrome so between all the therapist ccming in and out and him wanting my every moment.... hmmmm theres gotta be a balnace.... by the time they get to bed all i want to do is go to sleep too!!!! Any tips????

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Can you hire someone to come in as a sitter for part of the day?  

gma12.1
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I don't know if it would be of any help but sometimes going thru the local High School you might find a student who would want to do this as it would be good experience for what they may be planning on doing as their career. Therapist, SpEd teacher, or other area that would deal with sn children.   They would only give you the information of a student who would be 12th grade for sure possibly 11th.          Here you can go to the High School let them know that you need a tutor for a certain subject or all subjects for your lower grade child from Elementary school thru 12th grade.

Quoting DDDaysh:

Can you hire someone to come in as a sitter for part of the day?  

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins

dawncs
by Dawn on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you thought of hiring a college student a couple of hours a day? It would look great on a resume for these majors: Special Education, education, nursing, social work, and psychology. 

Dawn
Beautifully Talanted Autistic Social Story Author
Diagnosed Asperger Syndrome as an adult
Diagnosed Edema (since young)
Author Page: http://www.toyboxunlimited.com/ (has discounts)

letstalk747
by Joy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM

i have no tips and i still try to balance

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I struggle balancing too. And I only have the kids to contend with on top of house work.

Good luck!

lifeisajoy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi --I have worked for years full time and now I work part time--pretty much I made a list of what needs done ASAP, what needs done today, what needs done this week and what can wait and I would take one moment at a time and focus on that--it is hard sometimes but I always put in a break too or it becomes too overwhelming--I cross off the list throughout the week

You are right it is a balancing act --I also keep a visible calendar to check to make sure I don't miss nothing for that day--

Take Care

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Is there any family members that can help? Maybe your ped can make some recommendations.

GELiz
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Do they nap? Maybe then would be good.

sammygrl77
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Balance is something I've been struggling with lately.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Haven't we all...

*hugs OP

Quoting sammygrl77:

Balance is something I've been struggling with lately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)