Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

How do you put your LO to sleep??

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:24 AM
  • 16 Replies

Just wondering if you have any tips...it's a challenge for me right now and my DS. 

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
binz322
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Challenge for us right now too :(  I hope you get some ideas that will help us both!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Well, Brady usually falls asleep on the couch with us at night and then we put him in his bed.

Kageegirl
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I have a 2 year old. I usually carry him to bed. I lay him down and then tuck him in with his favorite stuffed animals and his favorite blanket. We give hugs and kisses, tell him how much we love him and that it's bedtime. On the way out we turn on his night light and make sure his doorknob lock is on his door so he doesn't try to get out at night and get into stuff or hurt himself. We shut the door and walk out. We will hear him in there singing or making noises to his stuffed animals but he doesn't get up much or get out of bed. Usually is asleep within 15 minutes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hazel2013
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:41 AM
My 10 month old loves to cuddle. I just sit and rock him and sing you are my sunshine and within minutes hes fast asleep.
natesmom1228
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM

My sons routine is constant, even on the weekends. He goes to bed at 9 and I sing his good night song. He always has his stuffies also.

Xandriasmommy
by Nycole on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
We do scripture and prayers, then give everyone kisses, then we find her squishies and softies, then she gets in bed I turn on her light thing (it's a butterfly with star and moon), I then sing her a song, turn the light down and she's usually asleep within 5 minutes!

If we do things out of order it takes hours to get her down!!
willysmama
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM

bath, sleep meds, cuddle time til about 5 mins before his bedtime, than its daddy who carrys him in and reads him a bedtime story or two, than he gets covered in his blankets gets his monkey by me, than kisses and hugs and we tell him we love him, shut off his light and put up the baby gate

sammygrl77
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I still have to lay with my 5 year olds to get them to sleep, so I'm no help.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I have to feed Jacob one last bottle, then hold him until he's out. Then I carry him into the bedroom and lay him in his crib. 95% of the time he stays asleep all night. Once in a while when he wakes I just put him in bed with me, because I'm too exhausted to try and get him back to sleep any other way.

babyluv23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I had to ask because my son needs someone to be with him at night..we play baby music for my 5 year old..my DH snapped and spanked him because my son didnt fall asleep since it takes him a whole hour sometimes longer. I was very upset!!!!! I lay with him, hug him, kiss him, sing to him, etc...but he gets distracted of course and ends up playing instead. I wish my husband didnt lose it. He said it's because he has school this next morning and he wants him to sleep already. I need to get my DS on a same time sleeping schedule...thats my fault though if he's up so late....SMH!!! =(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN