Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you put your LO to sleep??

Posted by   + Show Post

Just wondering if you have any's a challenge for me right now and my DS. 

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Replies (11-16):
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Lina has her bed in my room, and on a school night she goes to bed at 8:30. She gets in her bed, I cover her, I have to kiss all the stuffed animals then her. Then I get in my bed with either my 'puter or my ereader and she will talk to me until I tell her "I don't want to talk to you until morning time now go to sleep" or I have to tell her "close your eyes, close your mouth and sleep". She will then be out in about 5 minutes. If I don't stay in the bedroom with her she will stay up until I either go to bed or she gets so exhausted usually around 1 in the morning then pass out on the couch next to me. It can be a real hassle especially if I want to watch a program with the rest of the family. Probably not much help.

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:13 AM

My ds is also 5 and is having a very hard time with falling asleep. He wants me to lay with him until he falls asleep. I just won't know if I am creating a bad habit by doing so or if this is just a phase and he will eventually grow out of it? We also have a 22 month old daughter so my husband usually rocks her to sleep and I lay with my son or vice versa. If anyone has any advice please send some my way as well. 

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM

My 5 yr old has no off button and never has. He started sleep meds at 2 1/2 and now at 5 is slowly weaning himself off of it. I am so proud of him for trying to do it without his meds. I am jealous of parents whose kiddos can just fall asleep without help.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I also sing my son to sleep, he is 4
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM

We have white noise machines in the kids bedrooms, it's the only way they will fall asleep.  They each get a story then we lay them down turn on the machine and leave.  They will be asleep within 10 minutes, usually not much complaining.

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM

the key is to have a routine.  And it can take 6 wks to make it stick.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN