Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

How do you put your LO to sleep??

Posted by   + Show Post

Just wondering if you have any tips...it's a challenge for me right now and my DS. 

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Replies (11-16):
gma12.1
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Lina has her bed in my room, and on a school night she goes to bed at 8:30. She gets in her bed, I cover her, I have to kiss all the stuffed animals then her. Then I get in my bed with either my 'puter or my ereader and she will talk to me until I tell her "I don't want to talk to you until morning time now go to sleep" or I have to tell her "close your eyes, close your mouth and sleep". She will then be out in about 5 minutes. If I don't stay in the bedroom with her she will stay up until I either go to bed or she gets so exhausted usually around 1 in the morning then pass out on the couch next to me. It can be a real hassle especially if I want to watch a program with the rest of the family. Probably not much help.

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins

MommyGoins
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:13 AM

My ds is also 5 and is having a very hard time with falling asleep. He wants me to lay with him until he falls asleep. I just won't know if I am creating a bad habit by doing so or if this is just a phase and he will eventually grow out of it? We also have a 22 month old daughter so my husband usually rocks her to sleep and I lay with my son or vice versa. If anyone has any advice please send some my way as well. 

Iamsweetypie
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM

My 5 yr old has no off button and never has. He started sleep meds at 2 1/2 and now at 5 is slowly weaning himself off of it. I am so proud of him for trying to do it without his meds. I am jealous of parents whose kiddos can just fall asleep without help.

britmichele
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I also sing my son to sleep, he is 4
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trio8707
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM

We have white noise machines in the kids bedrooms, it's the only way they will fall asleep.  They each get a story then we lay them down turn on the machine and leave.  They will be asleep within 10 minutes, usually not much complaining.

Hottubgodess
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM

the key is to have a routine.  And it can take 6 wks to make it stick.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN