Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Cloth Diapers for an older child

Posted by   + Show Post

Does anyone make or know someone that makes diapers for an older child? My son just turned six and way too quickly grew out of his XL gdiapers. I especially need a night time diaper. Disposables are not an option. He is allergic except for Seventh Generation which we have been using their pull ups lately for day time use.

He can use the gdiaper disposable inserts for night time. He is a heavy wetter at night.

blessings,

Anastasia

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Replies (11-19):
letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM

i dont know

Hottubgodess
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I asked in my crunchy mom group, and they said to look on etsy and hyenacart.com.  

lmevans
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I know WunderUnders makes XL sizes her link is here https://www.facebook.com/WunderUnders?fref=ts  We just got a pair and they are really well made, cant wait to try it out on Ara.

Lindsay - Mom to two little girls Ara 2/5/10 and Molly 2/10/12. 

Ara's Adventures in Autism

A Service Dog for Ara

Kenre
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh man... let me look at what the pull-up ones I have are. I packed them away. I'll do it while the kids are in school in the morning, okay? I used them on Red before he was finally potty trained. Now Lump wears them at night and during the day when he is being especially difficult in his bathroom time.

Quick browse, though, I found this. Remember to read the reviews. It says to buy a size smaller than you would think: http://www.amazon.com/Night-Time-Training-Pants-Size/dp/B003UG8BXY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1360037709&sr=8-8&keywords=cloth+nighttime+training+pants

CameronsMommy23
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have any suggestions to add but I hope one of the above ones works out for you!!

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I found a site called adultclothdiapers.com
They had an all in one youth diaper (large went up to 100lbs) for $14.95
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stazzi
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM

He just turned six but is rather small for his age. He is just now getting into 5T pants. I haven't weighed him lately but last I remember he was 38 lbs. He wears 3-4T seventh generation pull ups. Very trim guy!

Quoting Hottubgodess:

What size is your kiddo?  I can ask in one of my ultra granola groups.  :) 

Hottubgodess
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a mom in my crunchy moms group who makes them as her sahm job.  She is willing to see if she can help you (she made adult diapers before as well).  PM me and I will get you her info.  :)

Quoting Stazzi:

He just turned six but is rather small for his age. He is just now getting into 5T pants. I haven't weighed him lately but last I remember he was 38 lbs. He wears 3-4T seventh generation pull ups. Very trim guy!

Quoting Hottubgodess:

What size is your kiddo?  I can ask in one of my ultra granola groups.  :) 

momtimesx4
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Actually last a very long time and and are super absorbent but we use plastic panties over them just in case.

Quoting Stazzi:

Thank you for the ideas and encouragement. I am really at a loss about this. I looked at Angel Fluff and don't think that would work for us. And wow crazy expensive diapers without a waterproof liner on them. But I appreciate the suggestion! I didn't know about them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN