Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!!! Signs of Early Cataracts

Posted by   + Show Post

MY SON IS THREE ALMOST FOUR AND I TOOKHIM TO THE EYE DOCTOR INTHE SUMMER OF 2012 THEY TOLD ME HIS EYES WERE FINE. SO WE CAME BACK IN THE BEGINNING OF JANUARY THEY TOLD ME HE HAD ALOT OF INFLAMMATION IN HIS EYES SO THE DR PUT HIM ON STEROID EYE DROPS SO WE WENT BACK MONDAY AFTER TWO WEEKS OF THE DROPS AND I WAS TOLD HE HAS EARLY SIGNS OF CATARACTS. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS?  I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP OR ADVICE ON HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS!

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Replies (11-18):
bookie0210
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:54 PM

So you havent lost any eye sight? I hope the drops help too I am so afraid I am putting him through this for nothing and he really says the eye drops burn. Thankyou for giving me hope!

momof2js946
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Write me back with any questions and I might be able to help you. My youngest son had cloudy corneas when he was born along with a couple of other eye problems. I've gone thru 8 yrs of running back and forth to S.Fran for surgeries and check-ups. Been through countless eye drops that had to be done from the time we got up til the time we went to bed. All different schedules for them. At one time I was putting up to 24 drops of 8 different kinds in his eye all at different times. He unfortunately lost all of his sight due to his other conditions, but is doing great. Why? Cuz he has me!

So I might be able to help. What is the steriod drop that you are using? Is it white and milky looking? I just can't think of the name of it right now. 

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I have a congenital cataract too! Its very rare.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

I was born with cataracts but never effect besides eye doctors notice -

hope the drops help

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bookie0210
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S HELP I GO BACK ON FEBRUARY THE 19  I WILL GIVE YOU ALL AN UPDATE THEN. THANKS AGAIN.

momgirlsx2
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Hope the drops work for him. We found out our 16yr old dd has Pre-Glaucoma a few months ago. We were totally shocked. I did some research on it by googling it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
naj2013
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Yes my daughter was born with congenital cataract in the left eye. They notice it a few hours after she was born, she had surgery at 6 weeks old and it was removed. I was devastated and stressed out, i thought only older people developed cataract but everything turned out well , her doctors are awesome, she is now 3 years old in 2 weeks and wears contacts. She's a happy little girl.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Was the surgery expensive? I wish my parents had had that done for me. Mine is in my right eye.

Quoting naj2013:

Yes my daughter was born with congenital cataract in the left eye. They notice it a few hours after she was born, she had surgery at 6 weeks old and it was removed. I was devastated and stressed out, i thought only older people developed cataract but everything turned out well , her doctors are awesome, she is now 3 years old in 2 weeks and wears contacts. She's a happy little girl.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
naj2013
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Her insurance took care of it, thank god. All free

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Was the surgery expensive? I wish my parents had had that done for me. Mine is in my right eye.

Quoting naj2013:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)