Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Android or IOS for 2 year old

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

So my 2 year old's early intervention instructor and I have decided because of her attachment issues to get her a tablet that will enhance what her and the speech therapist are trying to teach her in their sessions. I decided on my own that I would rather it be IOS (IPod Touch rather than IPad because it is smaller) because it seems like they have better apps, She says either is fine because they both have great apps. Android tablets are way cheaper but I do not want to get one and not be able to get the good apps that enhance her teaching. So what, if any, device do you have for your child?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Elijah has a nook and we are buying lion an iPad mini. I prefer the iPads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:57 PM
We use an iPad with my son at home and his SLP at school (as well as private) and the OT st school use one with him as well. I don't have much to compare it to, except that my DD got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and you can get lots of apps for that as well, but I'mnot sure if there are a lot of educational apps. There is also the new iPad Mini, which is close in size to the Kindle Fire and a bit cheaper ($300) than the full size iPad, but still a nice size for easier use!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM

We have iphones, and ds does well with them. But we are getting an ipad mini or full ipad, because the bigger screen is easier for him to manipulate.

Both platforms have great apps, and many of the same. I have noticed a lot of android apps are free, and apple charges for a lot. But at the same time I've gotten a ton of free ones. There are lists available of wonderful apps for special needs kids.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Brady has an iPad and loves it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Ipad. Iphone. Had nook, no great apps. Touch is too small get luttle bigger get good case too ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM

My son is 12 and only uses my Kindle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)