Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

New here~ desperate for help

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi~ I am new to this group and looking for any help I can. My 6 yr old daughter is addopted (we've had her since 18 mo) she has been diganosed with sensory perception disorder, reactive atachment,  disruptive behavior disorder.  Suspected FASD and Aspbergers .She is still going through more testing and just finished IQ and intensive psychological testing. She has manic episodes and hurts herself ie: sctratches till she bleeds, pulls out  teeth that are NOT loose, cuts herself with scissors and bangs her head. Yesterday she was sent home AGAIN and told not to return till she's stable. Her 'team' of providers are reccomending mood stabilizers so that we may get  her into an outpatient intensive treatment. Our other option is inpatient hospitaliation :( PLEASE do any of you have suggestions, what meds have been sucsessful for you. Any body gone the inpatient route. Side note, she is above average intellegence and I have 5 other kids ages 18-27 so I am familiar with different parenting styles...I'm not new to parenting, just new to this kind of challange. Thanks so much!!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Replies (11-17):
letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM

welcome , im joy

Risperdal - generic is Risperidone , worked very well for stabilizing my sons moods , behaviors , everything , great mood stabilizer

spcmom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Thank you
sununner36
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Welcome to the group.

Every Second of Every Day is a New Beginningpuppy

binz322
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Your son sounds like mine. The hiding, sun,lights and sound, crashing. We are doing much better since being in OT too. We don't have texture issues thank goodness

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

He eats inedible things..paper, leaves.. Stuffs food in his mouth and holds it in there. He is sensitive to light and sound..busy places like Walmart overwhelm him. He goes and hides or runs off. He is very loud to drown out other noises. Screams if sun is in his eyes. He has to touch everything. He crashes into people and things.

Quoting aponder:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

My son has sensory processing disorder. But his behaviors are not like that..

Can I ask what sort of symptoms or problems is involved with that? 

spcmom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Her dr prescribed this for her today. Fingers crossed
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:50 AM
I hope you get some relief!

Quoting spcmom:

Her dr prescribed this for her today. Fingers crossed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spcmom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Today was a wild roller coaster ride.... But loved when her sweet nature shone through. Praying for a better tomorrow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN