Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

My kids have been "normal" all day, no problems at all. Then the behaviorist called, said she was in town, and wanted to see if she could come over and observe and talk with me. Sure, why not? So we were sitting at the table talking and the kids were playing and doing pretty good. Maggie wanted the moon dough so I let her get it out. A little bit later I told her it was time to put it up and she needed to pick up what she had dropped on the floor. She told me no. I told her she could either pick it up or go to time out. She refused either so I put her in timeout. She sat there and screamed and stomped her feet and basically went insane. Now, this happens once in a blue moon so I picked her up and hugged her, only thing that calms her. In a minute or two she was ok, i told her she had disobeyed and needed a timeout. She said yes ma'am. I sat her down and she started screaming again. I told her to stop or go to her room. She ignored me so I picked her up and took her to her room. As soon as I shut the door she was at it hitting and kicking it and screaming some more.

I have never seen her this way before. she's pretty mellow. She gets overstimulated and a little wired sometimes, but she has never been combative or violent. I just wanted to cry :(  At least I can say the kid has great timing and somebody else was there to see it. i worry sometimes that people think I'm crazy because their problems aren't necessarily obvious all the time :(

ladybug

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Replies (11-13):
sammygrl77
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Brooke is notorious for making people look silly. The first EI meeting we had, a therapist was going through her list and when she got to one Brooke couldn't do, Brooke did it right in the middle of all the therapists. She has done that several times since.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Hugs mama! I got to say the title is awesome! Like you said at least someone else observed it 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Hugs mama!  Hope today is better:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN