Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

I must be Old Fashion-

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:05 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

But we have a telephone for a reason-professionals call me on it please and don't just assume I am going to see my e-mail that day-

This is the situation-I was at work all day-I do not have internet or even text on my phone (ok -I am old fashion-actually that is fine with me)

My son had a 1/2 day of school-my dh home from work yesterday and since my hours were changed (to help another co-worker out) there was already a meeting planned for my son at the home-well I call my husband during my pee break at work real quick ask how did the meeting go-he said THEY NEVER SHOWED AND NEVER RECEIVED A PHONE CALL 

I asked MY DH to callt hem back and ask why the meeting never happened-they said oh we sent an e-mail (that morning-)--didn't she get the e-mailed-my husband said SHE HAS BEEN AT WORK ALL DAY-COME ON PROFESSIONALS PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL!!

SO MY HUSBAND HURRYING UP GETTING MY SON OFF THE BUS TO GET READY FOR THIS MEETING AND THEY DID NOT EVEN TAKE ONE MINUTE TO PICK UP THE PHONE UP AND CANCEL-UGGGHHH AND THEY EXPECT US TO DROP EVERYTHING AND HAVE IT ON A DAY i WORK--UM NO!!

OH AND THEN I GET THIS E-MAIL SAYING THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE THE MEETING JUST WITH MY SON (HE IS OVER 18 BUT HE IS A TODDLER COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENTAL LEVEL AND WE ARE HIS PARENTS AND GUARDIANS)

I E-MAILED BACK NO!!  YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO DO THAT-WE ARE HIS PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS-WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY THINKING!!!! UGGGHHH

SOMETIMES REALLY WHY DO THESE PEOPLE GET PAID?

I am venting and frustrated-

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Hugs Tab!  I'm sorry!  People are lazy these days...just pick up the phone and call the person!

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Ugh!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM
How frustrating!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

So frustrating!  I have trouble hearing on the phone, so I prefer texts or emails for that reason.  But in a case like this, a phone call is definitely warrented and expected! :(

momgirlsx2
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I agree they should have called. I dislike when people what to communicate solely by texting too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM

yeah , i hate when this crap happens

mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM

*hugs* That's completely unprofessional!

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Ugh! It really does make me wonder...

The other day my son had a problem at school. They called my house (11:20 am) and left a message asking me to call them back... I got home at 2:10. ummm, i have a cell phone (like the rest of the world! Could you NOT leave a message at my home.... Without calling my cell? Wth!? 

Makes no sence! 

jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh, that's crazy! They should know to call, and for them to suggest they have the meeting without you and your DH, just with your son would piss me off. They know where he is cognitively! Seems like they are trying to bully you into doing it the date they say. Stand your ground!
jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, and you're not old fashioned, it is common courtesy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN