Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Beyond stressed!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 21 Replies

Some days are so hard!!!

We advocate and advocate and it seems like we go around circles

I do pray a lot and that helps!!!

I have to go to work at 1:30 and it is almost 11 and I still don't know (from health care agency) who is getting my son off the bus today

My son has fallen 3 times this week and no one can assist us with an electronic hoyer lift (my son is almost 20 years old and weighs over 150 lbs)

I have called numerous places--and I get the same answer no help-I wish I just had the money to just pay it myself and not have to go through all this

Sometimes I feel like I am failing like a parent --I know I am not but some days I am just beyond stressed

Venting-thanks for listening

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

HUGS!! We are always here for you.

jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I'm so sorry!  I know that must all be so stressful.  I hope the agency figures something out for getting him off the bus today.

Have you tried contacting the Arc in your area to see if they know of any grants or donations that may help you get the lift?  

lifeisajoy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Yes-they are contacted-thank you though I appreciate any help or ideas given for my brain is fried today

I just called agency and they still have no one!!

Quoting jjamom:

I'm so sorry!  I know that must all be so stressful.  I hope the agency figures something out for getting him off the bus today.

Have you tried contacting the Arc in your area to see if they know of any grants or donations that may help you get the lift?  

letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:09 AM

thats got to be  beyond stressed , sorry you have to deal with this Tab

lifeisajoy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Thank you Joy-I can always talk to yous--it feels like I have to be beyond stressed and like break down before anyone will help us -I know I live in a small county-but this gets beyond crazy sometimes_

I know all of us parents go through this crud and I am praying for all of our children-non of the children or parents anywhere need to go through this unneccesary stress-I know it may help us appreciate what we have--but sometimes just uggghhhh!!!!!

thanks for listening as always Joy

Quoting letstalk747:

thats got to be  beyond stressed , sorry you have to deal with this Tab

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
*GIANT HUGS*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM

So what happens if they don't find someone?  You just have to miss work?  I hope you have an understanding employer!  This seems to happen so often, they must be grossly understaffed.  

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Yes-they are contacted-thank you though I appreciate any help or ideas given for my brain is fried today

I just called agency and they still have no one!!

Quoting jjamom:

sammygrl77
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
(((Hugs)))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh, I just thought of a couple of places ...

Variety Club

Keep on Keeping On Foundation

Helping from Heaven

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
karenl
by Karen on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

(((hugs))) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN