Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Off to Hospital for testing...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:38 PM
  • 14 Replies

Finally my son is going out of state on the 14 for some testing on his belly stuff. I am a nervous about them having to put him under for an hour. I hope that everything looks ok on the test, but i am also hopping for some answers. i think the not knowing part is one of the hardest things to deal with. He also has his genetic testing coming up in march. I hope that this will be the start to getting him on the right track to helping him out. I am beyond scared feeling as tho i am going into this all blinded. Do any of you moms have any experience with pediatric anorectal manometry, or rectal biopsy? I am doing research online, but getting advice from other moms might help me out more. Thank you guys. Hope all is well with everyone.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mipsy
by Chelle on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:54 PM

My son has had the anorectal manometry and a full thickness rectal biopsy. The rectal biopsy requires stitches if they do the full thickness one (which I suggest you make sure they are doing if they are looking for hirschsprungs which with those 2 tests comebined, it sounds like they are. It is a waste if they don't do a full thickness biopsy!) but the stitches come out on their own or dissolve. And there's not much to the manometry testing, they fill a balloon and then test it at different levels and record the response of the sphincter etc. Ours were all normal but he still has severe constipation issues

mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

We have not. But good luck!

letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM

i dont

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I have not. But good luck and (((hugs)))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! I hope with these tests that you can find some answers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama!

natesmom1228
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

My son has never had to have one. Keep us posted.

lifeisajoy
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

bump and praying!

Jennyvltmn
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

since everything looked ok for your son did they suggest anything that you could do to help him besides mirilax, or suppositories? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)