Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

My daughter is my inspiration

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
I cant speak of what happened to my daughter. Either at Therapy or on CM or at play groups or to her teacher. For all they know she was born this way. I can't tell what happened because that makes me a bigot, ignorant or a liar. Here they want news stories. Well there is no news story. Not every case makes the internet, TV or print. Some even said she deserved it and should have had it worse

All that matters is I have an amazing daugter that is HERE. Who brings a smile to my face every day. Who can walk again and run again and speak again. Who is the annoying little sister, wannabe Cesar Millan, mommy's girl who I could not imagine life without.

2 years ago I would have never imagined her making the progress she made so fast. I didn't think she would ever leave her wheelchair and I thought she would have never said Mommy again. But she can.

She doesn't harbor any ill will against the person who hurt her or anyone like him. Even when I held so much hatred she wanted to extend the hand of friendship.

My daughter makes me proud. She reminds me everyday that things will get better. Even if they seem grim today, they will get better tomorrow. She also taught me that holding a grudge does nothing but taint you with negativity.

Just wanted to share some feelings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
January1964
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:25 PM

What happened? How old is she?

AliKatAK47
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Long story short she was attacked and beaten and suffered brain and spinal damage. I'd rather not get into details. She's 8 now.

Quoting January1964:

What happened? How old is she?

gma12.1
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I am so happy for you & her.

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I'm so sorry for what you've both gone through, but so glad to hear of the progress and healing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM
(((Hugs))) what an amazing and inspirational little girl!

AliKatAK47
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Thank you.

Quoting Elyssa414:

I'm so sorry for what you've both gone through, but so glad to hear of the progress and healing
letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:32 PM

lovely the progress she makes                                                                          

lifeisajoy
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM

thank you so much for sharing with us your daughters wonderful progress!! 

chazzamatazz
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:38 PM

what kind of monster could do that to a 6 year old girl?! O.O

I'm so glad she's still with you and that she's doing well. She's a lot stronger and more forgiving than I would have been, for certain. 

Best wishes.

lorettaforj
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I have a daughter that has MR, there are people who want to publicly tell her story. I dont want to have her story advertised. I am very happy to have her here. The doctors said that she was going to die before I came back for the following feeding. I am grateful to talk about her today, she is 12 years old and like you said she is the annoying little sister. She is also my little miracle. I love every day that I can wake up and see her little smiling face.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)