Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

My daughter is plotting my death... Edit**. **update**

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 18 Replies
Not really but we've had a hard past few weeks. She has nightmares and wakes up during the night. Sometimes she falls back asleep sometimes she doesn't. Like last night she woke up at 3 and didn't go back to sleep til after 7 and then woke up at 8 and hasn't napped since. I'm starting to lose it. I know if I'm this tired she has to be exhausted but she won't sleep. She just wants to play and cry. If I lay her down she gets upset if I hold her she gets upset. She doesn't want to rock or snuggle or be layed down or watch tv or be near me or be away from me. I've tried it all! She doesn't have tummy issues so its not that. She's not sick. She just has nightmares but she won't sleep during the day either. I seriously think she's trying to kill me! Ahhh

Advice? Tips? Comforting words? Anything to make me feel better. I feel the need to bash my head into a brick wall.

I called Sadie's pedi and he said get some liquid Benadryl and give her 3ml every night. I gave her some tonight so I hope it helps. Ill let y'all know tomorrow.

She actually slept last night! Yay! But my son woke up at 4 with a bloody nose and it took me 2 hours to clean it up! There was a blood trail from his room all the way to mine! But I'm glad Sadie got some sleep :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:51 PM

She might be having night terrors.  This explains a little more about it.  http://www.babycenter.com/0_night-terrors_142.bc

Have you tried using Melatnonin?  It is something that is naturally produced by a gland in our brain, but some people benefit from a supplement of it.  It helps regulate sleep.  It is not medication and can be bought over the counter in drug stores or vitamin stores.  My cousin is a psychiatrist and recommended it for my DH who sometimes has trouble sleeping.  He doesnt use it all the time, but he swears by it now.

Good luck!

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Two of my kids have had great success with melatonin!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:08 PM

*hugs*

sammygrl77
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:40 PM
(((Hugs))) I have been there with all of my kids at different points. Hopefully it is a temporary stage and you will both get sleep soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
P.Y.T007
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Maybe she has anxiety. When my daughter was diagnosed with Adhd we had no idea that the anxiety would cause her to become aggressive and not sleep for days. She would just stand over my bed looking and crying..ughhh 9 years later and nothing prescribed helped..so we started usinv zzquil which puts her in lala land. Without out it she wakes up every 30 mins..hang in there!!
sadiebug1228
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:15 PM
She's only 13 months sorry I didn't put that in the post lol

I hope it's not anxiety. I have horrible anxiety problems so I guess it's possible she got it from me but i don't think a dr will diagnose her this young

Quoting P.Y.T007:

Maybe she has anxiety. When my daughter was diagnosed with Adhd we had no idea that the anxiety would cause her to become aggressive and not sleep for days. She would just stand over my bed looking and crying..ughhh 9 years later and nothing prescribed helped..so we started usinv zzquil which puts her in lala land. Without out it she wakes up every 30 mins..hang in there!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.Y.T007
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I kinda figured after I reread your post. I too suffer from anxiety so I just knew she would get it. Yea she is definitely too young for that diagnosis but it sounded so much like my own story.

Quoting sadiebug1228:

I hope it's not anxiety. I have horrible anxiety problems so I guess it's possible she got it from me but i don't think a dr will diagnose her this young

Quoting P.Y.T007:

sadiebug1228
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Thanks for the help. Maybe it's something to remember for the future. My son has some anxiety problems and he's very sensitive to situations. He's not special needs or anything but I've notice his anxiety lately. Like with people touching him or certain people telling him to do something hell start hyperventilating and crying. Maybe I should have him evaluated.

Quoting P.Y.T007:

I kinda figured after I reread your post. I too suffer from anxiety so I just knew she would get it. Yea she is definitely too young for that diagnosis but it sounded so much like my own story.

Quoting sadiebug1228:

Quoting P.Y.T007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I hope the Benedetto helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Lol, *BENEDRYLL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN