Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Isn't this hard?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM
  • 32 Replies

I complain a lot about the challenges I face everyday with my disabled child.  I'm not sure why, I don't want sympathy, people have it much worse. I think I just want to vent.  But my child has the best smile in the world and melts my heart.  I just don't understand why this happened and how I am supposed to feel about it.  My feelings are all over the place.  He is 14 and so I have had a long time to get used to it, but I am still not used to it.  I guess I keep waiting for the ah ha moment.  This is why we are going through this! It won't happen.  I love him with all of my heart, and it is hard caring for a 14 yr old baby.  I guess that is the point I am trying to convey when I complain.  I didn't want him to turn out like this and my biggest prayer is that he IS as happy as he seems and NOT a "normal" 14 year old stuck in a body that won't cooperate.  

I don't need any responses unless they are understanding.  I AGAIN am just venting out into the void. :-)

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

i understand

(((hugs)))

lifeisajoy
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs Mama!!!  My ds is 19 yrs old and has the biggest smile and will always need 24/7 care-he is non-verbal, in a wheelchair and has CP--he is on a toddler/preschool level.  Yes we have had years but still sometimes ugghh!!  

Thinking of you Mama!!

natesmom1228
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

HUGS!!

mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs* We have all been there!

sammygrl77
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
(((Hugs))) I completely understand.

This is a wonderful group for venting. All the ladies here are so supportive and understanding. So vent away because we are here for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1CopaceticMama
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Venting is ok :) that's why we are all here :)

Bawyada
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi! Thanks for the responses! It's nice to be reminded that I am not alone going through this.  My son has CP as well, and in the one support group I was in years ago, he had the mildest problems.  He is mostly none verbal, needs feeding, diapers changed, etc.  can walk with walker but it's getting more difficult the taller he gets the more his knees lock.  I appreciate you letting me vent, I guess I always feel guilty because I know people have it much worse. 

Thanks again everyone! I wish you all the best!!

gma12.1
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand completely.  

Have you been bashed for just venting? I know that I've been in another group and all that they do is bash and try to make everyone feel horrible. I have never had that happen in this group thankfully.

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins

letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

i hear ya , hugs

greenishgirl
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Sadly there aren't answers available for many problems in the world. I don't understand all of what you are going through. My son's issues are miniscule compared to yours but I imagined such a different situation for us at this age. It's hard to let go of that vision and to deal with the reality. But, obviously, your son has an amazing mother who loves him and I'm sure he is happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN