Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Do you use a pediatric/special needs dentist for your kiddos?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Replies (11-19):
Superlaura328
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I tried finding a special needs dentist, but apparently they are hard to come by! We use a strictly pediatric dentist, but he does great. 

trio8707
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Yes they see a pediatric dentist with special needs experience.  With all the Dr's we see, I can safely say I dread the dentist the most.  Blake and Olivia do terribly there, and Hayden is just now starting to handle it.  

greenishgirl
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM

We went to a pediatric dentist for DS. We have moved since then and he hasn't had a dentist appointment since we figured out that he's delayed. I do need to find one in the area though because he's due for an appointment. I know it's going to be stressful and DS will freak out, no matter how calming the dentist is.

nicki.hemingway
by Nicki on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Yes awe see a pedi dentist with special needs experience. 

momre
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM

yup.  been through 3 detists before i found his current 1.  1st 2 sucked and i regret going cuz of how they held him down to clean his teeth and 3rd was a specidl needs dr i found in "special parent" the chicago magazine, but he cost a fortune cuz he didnt accept public aid.  this 1 accepts and is nice and recommending her to other parents who need 1 :)

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Yes, we see the one at Children's Hospital
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gma12.1
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM

The kids see a pediatric dentist. They have for several years, their mother actually got them a dentist. Surprised me!

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins

karenl
by Karen on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Thanks ladies! I'm going to try a new special needs dentist...wish us luck. lol

lifeisajoy
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM

yes and always will-the childrens hospital will keep him till 21 (he is almost 20) and already referred me to another place-they are both 2 hours from our home but so needed for my son

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)