Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

RSNK Moms: Click Here for Help with Special Education, Potty Training, Meltdowns and More!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:22 PM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this

Welcome to Raising Special Needs Kids!

You have found the right place for support, advice, information and tips for moms with special needs children like you!

Visit the links below to find help with some of the most common issues facing moms with special needs children:

Special Education

Potty Training

Meltdowns and Tantrums

Finding 'Me' Time

See what RSNK moms are talking about in the group today.

Jump right in by replying to any of the conversations or start one of your own.

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:27 AM

welcome everyone , im joy,,, lots of support here , ask questions , share , tell your journey , offer suggestions what worked or helped with your child in the topics above , vent , we all have children of all ages here and lots of expierences with our special needs kids.

natesmom1228
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Welcome to the Raising Special Needs Kids Group!!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Welcome everyone!  This is a wonderful group!

CameronsMommy23
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Welcome!! The ladies here are wonderful! Jump right in!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
helpmeplease660
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

i reallly need help a have a great  family me and my husband are in love we have 4 great kids age kobe 16 months keo n 27 monts and jarod is 9 and niesha is 10 . but my 26 month has autism and don't speak at all but he has metal where he fights his smaller brother and beats his own head what do i do .......

Cafe AmyS
by Group Admin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Welcome!

Hitting can be common in young kiddos with autism, especially if they don't have very good communication skills.  Have you spoken with his doctor about it?

Quoting helpmeplease660:

i reallly need help a have a great  family me and my husband are in love we have 4 great kids age kobe 16 months keo n 27 monts and jarod is 9 and niesha is 10 . but my 26 month has autism and don't speak at all but he has metal where he fights his smaller brother and beats his own head what do i do .......

letstalk747
by Joy on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:43 PM

what has the DR said

Quoting helpmeplease660:

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Im Scarlett, Mom to Sam... happily married here just outside NYC.
Sam is 6.5 HFA or High Functioning Autistic... with GAD Generalized Anxiety Disorder. He also has SPD, sensory processing disorder.. and can be a PITA... Pain in the oooh, I digress.

Sam is GREAT! I love him to death. He has taught me more in the last year then I ever knew. I realized that typical parenting strategies did not wok for us... and I needed to find a new way. Have thrown all conventional kid info out the window- have regrouped, refocused and am on a MUCH better path for him and for me.

cutiesexy66
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Well I have a 15 and 16 with autism and my 15 year old has high functioning autism. But he has more on the not being able to learn at school, the melt Downs at home with siblings, he cuts all the tags out his clothes,he only eats certain things. My husband calls him the out if control kid Cause my husband demand things of him and when he don't respond as quickly as he like he screams and threatens to spank him and Then my son in return talks back. I feel like I leave in a war zone Cause my husband refuses to acknowledge my sons issue....... help I feel like I'm haveing a melt down
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

tough one ,i know alot of us moms have noticed dads are this way and have trouble or handle things differently with our kids -like in the way you said , i have this issue also in my family i just keep telling dad    it dosent work well that way , not much else i can do

Quoting cutiesexy66:

Well I have a 15 and 16 with autism and my 15 year old has high functioning autism. But he has more on the not being able to learn at school, the melt Downs at home with siblings, he cuts all the tags out his clothes,he only eats certain things. My husband calls him the out if control kid Cause my husband demand things of him and when he don't respond as quickly as he like he screams and threatens to spank him and Then my son in return talks back. I feel like I leave in a war zone Cause my husband refuses to acknowledge my sons issue....... help I feel like I'm haveing a melt down

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)