Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Has anyone else felt like this

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:36 AM
  • 18 Replies

Well today we had a busy day, the birth to 3 program came and brought a positioning chair for my daughter to help her sit up more.. also my daughter got evaluated for a program but she might not qualify because of her age.. now she will be 9 months old on the 24th. she has some major developmental delays and complex seizures/epilepsy. they are still trying to figure out everything since she is so young... i know i shouldn't get sad sometimes about her delays and if she is going to be able to see me or be in a wheel chair.. dont get me wrong i love my daughter with all my heart and i wouldnt change anything but i get sad when i see kids younger then her sitting up or crawling.. has anyone else felt like this??? or am i just the crazy one lol

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleywheeler13
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I get sad at times. It's hurts when I see my daughter getting so upset because she can't just go walk up to her friends and cousins. She needs asstinces. I get what you are saying. Truthfully only thing I find out that helps is taking things one day at a time. Celebrate even the smallest achievements . Also I have a few friends who have special needs children so my daughter has a friend who understand what she goes threw daily on personal level
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofangels81
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Every parent wants the best for there children and for those of us who have a child(ren) who are delayed it is normal to feel sad. It is even normal to feel disappointed knowing that your child may never be able to do the things other people there age do, but the love that they show you is far beyond anything ever imaginable and makes it worth the time and hard work you put into making your child(ren) the happiest and as healthy as you possibly can.

Koltie6
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:05 AM
My nephew is a year younger than my son with Autism. It kills me to watch him pass my son on every level. The latest one being potty training. My sister gets upset with him over silly things and I remind her of a saying I read. Some people are praying for the things you take for granted. So I try to remember what my son CAN do other children can not. It helps me.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Hugs mama!  I used to get sad all the time, but I finally started focusing on what my son CAN do vs. what he CAN'T.  That made a big difference for me:)

jmrb2012
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM

thanks everyone, i guess for me its hard because i dont know anyone around here that has went through what we went through with my daughter.. she is a happy baby... unless she is teething which she is right now lol...

jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I think it's perfectly normal to feel this way sometimes. I do once in a while and I love my son to pieces! it doesn't mean we love them any less or don't completely accept them as they are, it's just an occasional jolt of reality. Don't feel bad. As long as you are not dwelling on it and it is occasional, I think it's perfectly normal.
lifeisajoy
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM

hugs mama and no you are not crazy--my son almost 20 yrs and some times I just hug him a long long long time when I get sad -and yes I still get sad-not as much as use to but I do

Hugs to you mama!

jmrb2012
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:02 PM

thanks everyone

lovebug8526
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Hello, jmrb2012,

your not crazy. I go through this all the time. its hard to go to the mall a see children the same age walking sitting up crawling. but i just keep telling my self i'm still lucky becuase she is here and she is loved my all.

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I've totally felt like that! *HUGS*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN