Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Wish I could walk away

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 17 Replies
Monkey is scheduled to start behavior testing on the 26th. We had two meltdowns this morning. One was because my neighbor's door was missing a Shamrock from her decorations and the other was when the radio didn't play Thrift Shop song while on the way to my sister's. It plays in the morning, but we were later today because I am on the later shift today and he didn't have school. I am about to go crazy.

My boss is being kind, but I know that all of my kids' appointments are not making me a reliable worker.

Doctor wants my daughter diagnosed with FTT and get EI involved. EI got a call from the FollowAlong program for my 2 year old. I am starting the fight for my 3 year old to have services in school and getting my 5 year old finally tested as well.

I sometimes feel like walking out the door and not coming back, but I know that is being a coward and not fair to my kids. I certainly hide everything from my friends and family, because I don't want to be told it's my fault. I keep it bottled inside and lie to everyone... sometimes to myself.

Just had to get it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
willysmama
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Its not your fault!! it can be a lot to handle at times but  you are doing the best you can....

amiesmomma
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM

The hiding and lying seem to be adding to your stress.  Open up to someone you trust.  You'll feel better.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Big hugs mama!  Stay strong!

gma12.1
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I bet that in your circle of friends there is one or two that would understand or want to know what is going on in your life. Find that person or two. You would be suprised at how good you will feel. That person will be someone you can vent, cuss, cry on a shoulder, or just sit and stare at each other when you need that peace. That person would also be someone who would tell you "Put on your big girl panties and go for it", they would be there to hand you the box of kleenex or give you a hug. Seriously you would be suprised.

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins

arkmomma06
by Angie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I totally know how you feel. Raising special needs kids is a very rough job. I'm a single mom, and I am here if u need to talk
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM

It's not your fault. I completely understand though. I have days where if it wasn't for how much I love my son, I would leave. It's hard. Raising regular kids is no easy walk in the park, but add special needs. Hang in there! We are here for you!

sammygrl77
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:25 AM
I feel that way at timed too. (((Hugs)))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Maybe, but I doubt it. I have thought and thought. I only have four friends and they are great to be around, but it isn't like my friends from my hometown. My sister is great, but overwhelmed while babysitting them that we don't hang out when I am not working. My parents believe that EI and doctors just want to control people and other such things about our government taking over. They even told me that Monkey's food allergy didn't exist and I was a cruel parent.

Quoting gma12.1:

I bet that in your circle of friends there is one or two that would understand or want to know what is going on in your life. Find that person or two. You would be suprised at how good you will feel. That person will be someone you can vent, cuss, cry on a shoulder, or just sit and stare at each other when you need that peace. That person would also be someone who would tell you "Put on your big girl panties and go for it", they would be there to hand you the box of kleenex or give you a hug. Seriously you would be suprised.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I am single, too. My income is their only income.

Quoting arkmomma06:

I totally know how you feel. Raising special needs kids is a very rough job. I'm a single mom, and I am here if u need to talk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I find alot of my emotional support is online and not IRL. No matter how caring and sympathetic a person is, they aren't going to totally get it if they aren't living it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)