Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It seems like a big step to me...

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 13 Replies

DD will be 3 in just over three weeks (wow, where has time gone?!) and I really expected that by now we would have her potty trained and pretty much self-sufficient (before the diagnosis, of course - those were my thoughts when I was pregnant).  Today we finally completely mastered pants. She can take them off and put them on by herself! 

I just wanted to share what feels like a big accomplishment - even if it is a little late in the game. :)

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
willysmama
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:01 PM

that is awesome!

desperatemom123
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Awesome :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommaharley
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:13 PM

She has a younger brother who has been completely dressing himself for a few months now.  It seemed so exciting that she was finally making steps in the right direction! :)

Quoting willysmama:

that is awesome!

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM
That's awesome mama :). If it makes you feel better little man will be 3 April 6th and wants nothing to do with potty training.
mommaharley
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:35 PM

DD doesn't really seem too keen on it, but she's getting closer.  She'd rather use the big potty, apparently.

Quoting arkansasmama08:

That's awesome mama :). If it makes you feel better little man will be 3 April 6th and wants nothing to do with potty training.

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Lol
Jeremiah is scared of the big potty and completely ignores both of his. We tried a couple months back and got nowhere. So, I'm just going to wait him out. Thinking if switching to cloth diapers. I hear it helps.
Anyway, good luck!! I hope she gets it soon! :)

Quoting mommaharley:

DD doesn't really seem too keen on it, but she's getting closer.  She'd rather use the big potty, apparently.

Quoting arkansasmama08:

mandee1503
by Amanda on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:23 PM

That's great!

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Congrats!
britmichele
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
That is so great! My 4 year old still can't dress himself at all, but I cried real tears when he made it up 4 steps to go down the slide unassisted :) I'm proud of your daughter, and believe me, plenty if not all of us get it!
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM

excellent

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN