Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PSA - If your child has a nebulizer

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:18 AM
  • 2 Replies
3 moms liked this

DO NOT GET RID OF IT - EVEN AFTER YOUR CHILD'S ASTHMA OR BREATHING ISSUES HAVE RESOLVED.

We actually have several nebs laying around because when my father passed away, my mother gave me all of his because my son had asthma (which he has grown out of).  I keep meaning to find an organization to give them to.  Well, this past week, he had an upper airway thing that was causing him to get a lot of congestion in his throat that he wasn't able to clear making his throat terribly sore and causing him to gag.  The doc didn't want to give him anything as he's still too young for "cold medicines" (he's 7.5).  Well, when he woke up crying, I had enough.  Called the doc's after hours line and told them he won't sit in the steamy bathroom long enough for it to help, I wanted to do a neb treatment but not using albuteral but saline. 

1 cup distilled (or boiled and then cooled) water

1 tsp table salt

equals

A much happier and healthier child.  2 treatments later - he was as right as rain.  Hold on to that nebulizer - you never know when you may need it for your child or even yourself.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
babyluv23
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the info!

letstalk747
by Joy on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

yup

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)