Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EEG HELP!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:51 AM
  • 13 Replies

I have had them for I have seizures

but my Son has to have one-he never had one

My question is with your kids that had them--how do you keep them for trying to pull them out?

The neurologist said they do not sedate them because that would screw up the results

How do you keep your kids still?

My son does not like stuff on his head-My son has a short attention span (longer than it used to be-he is almost 20 yrs old on a toddler/young pre-school level)

I guess I can bribe him with food-lol

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Brady has had a few EEGs, but he's younger than Jon so they basically just wrapped him up in blankets like a baby being swaddled so he couldn't move.  Once everything was one, they gathered all the wires and pulled them together behind him almost like a pony tail so he couldn't mess with them.  He did fine after that.  Hugs mama!  When is Jon's EEG?

lifeisajoy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Thanks Darby for the info!!!

We can get a comforter and wrap him in it-LOL!

Not sure-they are still scheduling it -just had the neurology apt yesterday-\

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Brady has had a few EEGs, but he's younger than Jon so they basically just wrapped him up in blankets like a baby being swaddled so he couldn't move.  Once everything was one, they gathered all the wires and pulled them together behind him almost like a pony tail so he couldn't mess with them.  He did fine after that.  Hugs mama!  When is Jon's EEG?

charley31
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:41 AM
My son has had 3 over night eeg before the age of 2. He did pull them off but the nurse would fix it and after an hour he was fine. I made his hospital room like a party to make him happy and distracted. His fav toys and movies. I went and bought balloons from dollar store with his name on them and he had a blast. I had his fav food and just constantly kept him entertained. It was exhauasting for me but ryan was happy. The hardest part for ryan and me was when they put the probes in. The noise and how he was restrained for it had him hysterical but it was maybe 20min. The second they were done he was laughing and me and the nurses raced down the hallway with him and he was laughing soo hard. Good luck to you. I know what u r going thro and im here if u need advice or support. Good luck. Keep us updated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I am sorry I have no experience with this. My son has had several EKG's.

Mipsy
by Chelle on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM
They give Ty toys or turn on tv. When he was around 2 they burrito wrapped him in blankets. Then they take gauze and wrap their head up like a mummy so they can't take them off.
cheergurl84
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I wish I could help but my son was just waking up from a sedated MRI so he was pretty sedated.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM

With Jacob, he fussed, but once they were done touching him, and wrapping his head he didn't mind. Plus he doesn't grab at things.

willysmama
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM

willy had a few in the past. The doctors let me hold him and play games with him to distract him.

PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I did little dances with dolls... But you could do puppets. Read books. I usually buy a new toy for appts, too, because something DD hasn't seen before will keep her busy longer than an old toy.
Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Wish I could offer some suggestions.  My daughter has to have an EKG next week and she is furious. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)