Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would like to talk to some parents that have children with cp

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 65 Replies
I'm new on here and my son has cp and I don't have anybody to talk to that has children with cp and it's hard to talk to people that there children have no disabilities. Some help I would greatly appreciate it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawncs
by Dawn on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM

There are some around both on Cafemom.com, in your local community, and on the internet. I will include some that I have come across to help you.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

Manda0606
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Thank you very much
mandee1503
by Amanda on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM

My son has cp! Welcome to the group!

Manda0606
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM

How old is your son? So happy to meet somebody

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM
My foster son is 9 and has CP. he uses a wheelchair and has G-tube for liquids and meds. :)
Manda0606
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I am so happy im meeting you guys its bringing tears to my eyes! How long have you had your son? My son has a wheelchair to which he rarely uses because he gets vey agitated if he has to be in it for to long. He has a gtube too. Did they have to do the wrap on his stomach so that he cant throw up?
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM
He's been with me since October. I believe he had the surgery to stop him from throwing up too! :)

Quoting Manda0606:

I am so happy im meeting you guys its bringing tears to my eyes! How long have you had your son? My son has a wheelchair to which he rarely uses because he gets vey agitated if he has to be in it for to long. He has a gtube too. Did they have to do the wrap on his stomach so that he cant throw up?
trio8707
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Welcome!  I have 2 (out of 3) children with CP.  Blake has moderate-severe, leaning more towards severe, CP.  He is in a wheelchair and has a very limited vocabulary.  Olivia has severe CP- she is in a wheelchair, has 75% vision loss, and an even more limited vocabulary than Blake.  Olivia also has really bad oral aversions and dysphasia so she is mostly fed through G-tube.

nicki.hemingway
by Nicki on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:27 PM

My almost 3 year old has cp, epilepsy, and autism. 

mandee1503
by Amanda on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM

My son is 2. 

Quoting Manda0606:

How old is your son? So happy to meet somebody

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)