Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elijah BIT Liam!!! *UPDATE*

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 16 Replies

His behavior this week is SO horrible! I'm completely at a loss! I HATE THIS. I want my son back. And I want my other son to feel safe in our house!

*sobs*

*UPDATE- we made it through the rest of the day. After the 3.5 hour meltdown this morning, Elijah calmed down and had a good day... It's like a switch inside his brain, and suddenly he was okay.
The psychologist had some good ideas for getting through these rages, and things to try and stop it from escalating.
We are going to meet with the psychiatrist on the 18th, and probably take him all the way off his anti-anxiety meds. We think- and the psychologist agrees- that he may be "activating"(losing all inhibitions/impulse control) because of his meds.
But, I remember his meltdowns being way worse before the meds, so I don't know. We will take him off and then see what he's like at baseline and decide if we should try a different med.

Poor Liam was so embarrassed today to go to school with a bite mark on his cheek from his 10 year old brother! I think I'm going to enroll him in sibshops and maybe even find a therapist for him to help him deal with being the sibling of a SN big brother. :/
It's breaking my heart to see both of my boys hurting. (Lion and Galen are fine! lol)

Anyways, thanks for all the love today. I needed it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Poor Liam! I hope you guys are able to figure it out!

natesmom1228
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM

HUGS!! I hope things calm down soon. We are here for you.

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Had to pull off the road because he was punching me and making the car swerve. Keeping him home today and got an emergency appt with his psych this afternoon. :'(
jjamom
by Michele on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Oh wow, I hope you get some help from the psych for all of your sakes.  Maybe it's hormonal since he is "at that age"?  Is he verbal (I'm sorry, I can't recall) just wondering if something is bothering him and he can't express it, so he is acting out?  I really hope you get it figured out and under control soon.  Huge hugs!

DeeptiCA
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Hope you find help soon. I can't say I understand your problem but I myself had a hard time when my twins started biting other kids at preschool when they got frustrated. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Hugs mama!  I know this must be SO difficult for you right now.

PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Oh no!! :( I hope the behavior resolves itself soon!!!

Mipsy
by Chelle on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Oh my goodness :( hope the appt went well
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM

sorry to hear this

Quoting Elyssa414:

Had to pull off the road because he was punching me and making the car swerve. Keeping him home today and got an emergency appt with his psych this afternoon. :'(

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I'm so sorry! I hope the psychiatrist was able to offer some help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)