Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Sigh* No kids allowed

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

I was invited to go to a Ladies' Retreat a couple of hours away in April.  I'd love to go, but Lindsay panics.  Even though her pain level is way down, when she's not feeling well, she's clingy, which I understand.  She will not ever stay the night away from home.  She just melts down at the thought of it.  When we do get a night out, once it starts to get dark, she's ready to come home and the anxiety kicks in. *sigh* So, I mentioned this to the coordinator of the retreat and asked if it would be okay if she came along. I'd be happy to pay for her and she's no trouble.  She's pretty calm, and often lives in her own quiet little world anyway.  But, they said "Sorry, no kids allowed." I understand, but... *sigh*  Maybe next year.

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:48 AM
I'm sorry. That's too bad they won't let her come.

My church does a women's retreat every year and I would love to attend except I doubt they would allow me to bring Jacob. Lol it's just that he is so hard to let someone else watch him and take care of him. :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I'm sorry mama!  I know just how you feel...I can't leave Brady with anyone either...my husband's schedule doesn't really allow him to keep Brady for days on end as he gets called into work a lot.  Hugs!

sammygrl77
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I'm sorry:( (((hugs)))

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I understand, but at the same time it's frustrating. I think it was worse because the coordinator is one of my oldest friends - we were toddlers together. Oh well.

redheadstar
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM

The wedding I will be attending in the late summer says no kids allowed, which is understandable...it can be costly

scarlita88
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM

oh dear... that is a bummer. i feel strongly that this one of the things that sets us apart from other parents. we do give up more. as if you dont give up enough as a parent to begin with. if it makes you feel better i am single and i take care of my son and my mother. we all live together. people just dont get it when i think going to walmart on a saturday night by myself is something to be treasured. p.s. this is after i drop l.b.j. at his dads and mom is well enough. keep in your heart and mind that everything is fluid and changing. you never know... next year little missy might have gotten better about being away from you or there may be someone in your life that she can stay with. in fact make this a long term goal to work towards. that way you arent letting events dictate to you what happens. you are actively working towards resolution. sadly one day you may wish lindsay would be home with you more. but are secretly glad you raised such an independant ,adaptable child.....good luck!!!slide

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Yep.... Am there too! It is hard to constantly give of ourselves. Exhausting!
lifeisajoy
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I hear you! so hard for our kids to be cared for by anyone else

singlemotherof8
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I can never go to one either because i can't leave my 21 year old and my 8 year old granddaughter alone together. They both have learning disabilities and my daughter has a hard time when i am not there when she gets home also.

AliKatAK47
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Just asking but where is dad? Is she okay to stay with him for a while? You don't have to stay overnight. You could stay for day one of the retreat and then leave. I have done that on many camping trips. I would go up for one day but leave early because I had to work or do something else. You deserve a day to yourself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)