Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

have your kids missed school from being sick ?

Posted by   + Show Post

x_3d8bcff4 x_3d8bcff4_zps9dff43ac.gif

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Replies (21-27):
gma12.1
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Yes she has. This year has been a bad one. Since she had that bout of mild pneumonia she has gotten sick easily. She is about 6 months out from the pneumonia so she should be getting back to her normal healthy self. Right now she has a viral throat thing going on. Unless she runs a temp over 100 the dr said to let her go to school. She misses days for her appts too. I haven't added them up so I don't know exactly how many days she's missed so far this year but it has been a whole helluva lot of days.

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins

Autiziumom
by Bravo on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Thank God no! I have kept my kids pretty strong!
letstalk747
by Joy on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:22 PM

my youngest  missed 3 days last week-had to go get a DR note

ATG499
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karenl
by Karen on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Yes my 7 yr old son still has a cold from last week, missed 2 days. Now today he's complaining about his ear. Ugh! It never ends...if the weathers bad tomorrow I'm keeping him home again.

Salzer_Mom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:35 PM

My son has CF, this year has been a bad one for us. I'm just never sure how long to keep him home because even after the fever is gone, or he has been on antibiotics, he looks fine but his coughing is so disruptive I dont want to send him to school coughing like he does. I feel really bad because he was sick last week missed school on monday and were pulling him out of school Thursday because were going on vacation! Then in May he has a surgery planned! 

sadiebug1228
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:42 AM
They're not in school yet. But I'm sure my dd will miss days she sees a lot of drs and isn't really sick much but when she is she's borderline take her to the er sick and she's like that for days!

I'm honestly considering homeschooling her just cause I know she'll be behind. She might not be able to start kindergarten until she's about 7! Unless something short of a miracle happens and she's catches up but idk lol I don't want her getting teased and she's tiny and is gonna be tiny for the rest of her life. I don't want her getting hurt. I think ill homeschool thru elementary and let her decide if she wants to go to a public school for middle school and high.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)