Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how are you doing?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Joy
  • 19 Replies

x_3d8bcff4 x_3d8bcff4_zps9dff43ac.gif

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Doing good. Enjoying the beautiful spring weather. It's a breezy high 70 today! 

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Im having a rough time right now. DS fights with me every moring for 2 hours about going to school. Thank goodness its friday, amd I dont have to fight for 2 days. Although, im dreading the panic attack he will have sunday night in prep for Monday. Grrrrr. Hubby is too busy at work... Too demanding of a job, leaving me to take care of everything else. No family, friends busy with their kids and little understnading to having a kid with difficult temperment and crazy anxiety. Ugh... I should break out a glass of wine, sorry to be a downer. Im just feeling really overwhelmed with no break in sight... 

savethebread
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I've got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy down in my heart... where?

Singing old Sunday school songs to chase the blues away. :)

Saying a prayer for you, SamMom.

jakana2369
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I'm sorry your having a hard time in the mornings. And no family to help. Been there.

I had this problem with DD2. If it helps we doa rubber bracelet that she takes with her. I remind her I'm coming back for her as gives her something to focus on when she gets real nervous at school. We also started this year a sticker rewards. If she brings her homework home she gets one, does her homework with out a fight she gets one, and if she had a good day she gets one.

Home this helps. Message me if you want more ideas. I have 2 kids with special needs and I'm a special needs foster mom and my oldest sister has special needs. Been around this my whole life. I really don't know any different.

Quoting SamMom912:

Im having a rough time right now. DS fights with me every moring for 2 hours about going to school. Thank goodness its friday, amd I dont have to fight for 2 days. Although, im dreading the panic attack he will have sunday night in prep for Monday. Grrrrr. Hubby is too busy at work... Too demanding of a job, leaving me to take care of everything else. No family, friends busy with their kids and little understnading to having a kid with difficult temperment and crazy anxiety. Ugh... I should break out a glass of wine, sorry to be a downer. Im just feeling really overwhelmed with no break in sight... 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Hugs mama!

Quoting SamMom912:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad my hubby is coming home tonight!  

lifeisajoy
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:20 AM
ok-totally in pain-wacked my back real bad-
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Stickers dont work for my guy. He knows how i want him to behave. He Knows the right thing to do. He just cant seem to do it without having a panic attack. It isnt something he has control over... He sets his feet in and doesnt say " i dont want...." He says " i cant..."... And no prize or promise works. His anxiety trumps all. He is ver verbal and expresses his concerns and fears... So i know it isnt "bad behavior". Some kids cry when their scared... Mine gets stubborn and yells... Cause he just cant process the situation or handle it.

Quoting jakana2369:

I'm sorry your having a hard time in the mornings. And no family to help. Been there.

I had this problem with DD2. If it helps we doa rubber bracelet that she takes with her. I remind her I'm coming back for her as gives her something to focus on when she gets real nervous at school. We also started this year a sticker rewards. If she brings her homework home she gets one, does her homework with out a fight she gets one, and if she had a good day she gets one.

Home this helps. Message me if you want more ideas. I have 2 kids with special needs and I'm a special needs foster mom and my oldest sister has special needs. Been around this my whole life. I really don't know any different.

Quoting SamMom912:

sammygrl77
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM
(((Hugs))) that is very overwhelming. I hope you can get a little me time in to unwind.

Quoting SamMom912:

sammygrl77
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no! Hope it feels better quickly!

Quoting lifeisajoy:

ok-totally in pain-wacked my back real bad-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)