Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

x_3d8bcff4 x_3d8bcff4_zps9dff43ac.gif

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Replies (11-19):
sammygrl77
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Yay!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Glad my hubby is coming home tonight!  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I'm so jealous!

Quoting mandee1503:

Doing good. Enjoying the beautiful spring weather. It's a breezy high 70 today! 

sammygrl77
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Exhausted. Kids have been sick all week and not sleeping. Lots of appointments in the mornings. Dh is driving me nuts being home. I need to finish making invitations for Alana's grad party but can't use the spray glue with the kids home. I'm trying to keep up with it all and not doing so good at it.
jakana2369
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM
How old is he? My girls did that in first grade. Now that she is in fourth we kinda have it better. The stickers work now because she has better control over her fears. She still thinks I'm never coming back. That's why this year we have been trying the rubber bracelet.

Quoting SamMom912:

Stickers dont work for my guy. He knows how i want him to behave. He Knows the right thing to do. He just cant seem to do it without having a panic attack. It isnt something he has control over... He sets his feet in and doesnt say " i dont want...." He says " i cant..."... And no prize or promise works. His anxiety trumps all. He is ver verbal and expresses his concerns and fears... So i know it isnt "bad behavior". Some kids cry when their scared... Mine gets stubborn and yells... Cause he just cant process the situation or handle it.

Quoting jakana2369:

I'm sorry your having a hard time in the mornings. And no family to help. Been there.

I had this problem with DD2. If it helps we doa rubber bracelet that she takes with her. I remind her I'm coming back for her as gives her something to focus on when she gets real nervous at school. We also started this year a sticker rewards. If she brings her homework home she gets one, does her homework with out a fight she gets one, and if she had a good day she gets one.

Home this helps. Message me if you want more ideas. I have 2 kids with special needs and I'm a special needs foster mom and my oldest sister has special needs. Been around this my whole life. I really don't know any different.

Quoting SamMom912:

Im having a rough time right now. DS fights with me every moring for 2 hours about going to school. Thank goodness its friday, amd I dont have to fight for 2 days. Although, im dreading the panic attack he will have sunday night in prep for Monday. Grrrrr. Hubby is too busy at work... Too demanding of a job, leaving me to take care of everything else. No family, friends busy with their kids and little understnading to having a kid with difficult temperment and crazy anxiety. Ugh... I should break out a glass of wine, sorry to be a downer. Im just feeling really overwhelmed with no break in sight... 

letstalk747
by Joy on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:24 PM

today my ear hurts , bujt im still getting work done

Pukalani79
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I'm kind of sad right now.  I was friends with a couple a few years ago when our husbands were in school. We all went on a mission trip in '06 and then my husband went with them again in '10.  We haven't kept in great touch, just every once in awhile.  She died 2 months ago from cancer.  She was 26 and the mother of two beautiful children.  Every so often her husband writes out his feelings, what he's going through, what he's thinking, etc.  It's good for him, and it's good to read because we weren't there, but it is so heartbreaking.  He's in TN and we're in OR and it's hard to know the right things to say or things to do that will bring comfort when we're so far away...

sammygrl77
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:48 PM
How heartbreaking! I'm sorry((hugs))

Quoting Pukalani79:

I'm kind of sad right now.  I was friends with a couple a few years ago when our husbands were in school. We all went on a mission trip in '06 and then my husband went with them again in '10.  We haven't kept in great touch, just every once in awhile.  She died 2 months ago from cancer.  She was 26 and the mother of two beautiful children.  Every so often her husband writes out his feelings, what he's going through, what he's thinking, etc.  It's good for him, and it's good to read because we weren't there, but it is so heartbreaking.  He's in TN and we're in OR and it's hard to know the right things to say or things to do that will bring comfort when we're so far away...

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I've been so depressed and overwhelmed all week.... But tonight I started bleeding- so hopefully I'll feel better now! Lol
mommy4lyf
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Weather is not doing so good. We might get 18 inches of snow by tomorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)