Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Here is my towel

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:21 PM
  • 9 Replies

Im going thru a time where i just want to throw it in the ring and say "im done!" 

I cant. I know I cant. I love my son. But he is so gosh darn difficult. On saturday, we decided to take him to a neat nature center that he likes. Its about 45 minutes away. Hubby and i had cabin fever. Hubby works 5am til 7:30 through the week, so on Saturday, we thought it would be fun to take a little walk, look at some animals, they have a big wooden playground and usually an interesting display in the museum. We gave our son some warning (he has transition issues) about when we would be leaing, where we were going etc) well, that was met with kicking, screaming, just all around nastiness... Yes, for us to take him to a nature center... Sigh..

I get that in the mornings before school. I get that "a lot".   And its so incredibly exhausting. 

After 30 minutes of melting and looking bad, we got him in the car.. But ladies, these episodes pass for him, but linger with me. I dont like being yelled at. Honestly, i KNOW in my head this is his anxiety and stress manifestation.. But really, its taking its toll on me.

My son is sooo good sometimes. Most times..this behavior is about 1 hour a day... (and whenever i tap into a sore area... Transitions, losing a game, having difficulty understanding him (he has speech issues)  other then that, he can be soooo good. He listens, he cleans up after himself (within reason, hes 6!) he sleeps. I know its not horrible... But i just feel so lost amd alone and like no matter what i do... Its like he just hates life.

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs Hope your day gets better?!

Pukalani79
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

((HUGS))

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel you! Hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

i hear ya

Genie2
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Probably sounds wrong to you but, I wish mine was too good sometimes! 

Genie2
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Although, I feel for your son because of mine..I think he also knows what it is like to be different.

lifeisajoy
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Hugs mama!! Been there many times!

sammygrl77
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM
(((Hugs)))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Big hugs mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)