Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't walk all of a sudden

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

My daughter's had a low fever on and off since Friday. Today she can't walk. When she tries to stand, her calves are in severe pain. The first time she tried she screamed. She shuffled her way down the hall to the living room but was in tears the whole time. Her legs dont hurt if she's sitting or laying down but she cannot put weight on them. I've called the doctor and we're still waiting to hear back. Anyone ever experience this?

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dallascowboys82
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Could it be growing pains?
My dd gets really bad pain in her legs when she hits a growth spurt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM

My son complained of severe pain in his legs when he had lymes disease... I thought it was growing pains.. Up until he got bells palsey and his face was paralyzed.... Knew THAT wasnt growing pain! Lol

Pukalani79
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I don't know.  It's really strange.  If she tries to stand up it hurts but as soon as she sits down, the pain eases.  She's literally having to crawl to get around because I can't carry her and my DH isn't back in town yet.  It's been all day.  Honestly I thought that maybe she was faking (terrible mom!) but when I left her with brother so I could pay some bills, she still would not/could not walk.  I told her she had to try because there is no way I can get her to the airport to see her dad tonight if she cannot walk (figured that would do the trick.) She tried but couldn't. 

Quoting dallascowboys82:

dallascowboys82
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Try a heating pad, I even rub my dd legs. Or even a warm bath to ease her muscles.
And some ibproftin (sp) to help ease the pain.

Quoting Pukalani79:

I don't know.  It's really strange.  If she tries to stand up it hurts but as soon as she sits down, the pain eases.  She's literally having to crawl to get around because I can't carry her and my DH isn't back in town yet.  It's been all day.  Honestly I thought that maybe she was faking (terrible mom!) but when I left her with brother so I could pay some bills, she still would not/could not walk.  I told her she had to try because there is no way I can get her to the airport to see her dad tonight if she cannot walk (figured that would do the trick.) She tried but couldn't. 

Quoting dallascowboys82:

mandee1503
by Amanda on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM

No experience. Hope you get some answers! 

Pukalani79
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I've been doing the motrin and she just got out of a warm bath.  She's moving slowly but she's upright.  It's so strange.  I just found out that a friend of mine's daughter had this same thing happen a couple of weeks ago, and another friend's son was going through the same thing today.  So strange.

Quoting dallascowboys82:

Try a heating pad, I even rub my dd legs. Or even a warm bath to ease her muscles.

Quoting Pukalani79:

Quoting dallascowboys82:

dallascowboys82
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Did her dr call back?
I wonder if its a strange virus..

Quoting Pukalani79:

I've been doing the motrin and she just got out of a warm bath.  She's moving slowly but she's upright.  It's so strange.  I just found out that a friend of mine's daughter had this same thing happen a couple of weeks ago, and another friend's son was going through the same thing today.  So strange.

Quoting dallascowboys82:

Quoting Pukalani79:

Quoting dallascowboys82:

Pukalani79
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Dr said it could be dehrydration.  They are going to see her in the morning is she's not better.  She's moving a little easier but her legs are still pretty tight.  So odd.

Quoting dallascowboys82:

Did her dr call back?
I wonder if its a strange virus..

Quoting Pukalani79:

Quoting dallascowboys82:

Quoting Pukalani79:

Quoting dallascowboys82:

letstalk747
by Joy on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM

only as growing pains

sammygrl77
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:54 PM
The first thing that comes to mind is fifths disease because half of my household just had it. The joint and muscle pain was awful! I think dd had it too but didn't get the rash like most kids do (either did I). Ds was the only one who got the rash and his pain was more severe probably because of his already tight muscles. Motrin helped a lot with the pain. But there are tons of other viruses going around right now. Maybe even a combo of a virus and growing pains. I hope she feels better soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)