Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Special needs kids Autism

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:20 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm a grandmother of twins. Boy and girl. Boy 5 yrs has autism. Very smart but screams and is in a special Ed. Program. They live in another state but I talk with my daughter alot. Three children altogether. Single mom. I can only listen to her as I can't be there. He is such a special little guy and very soft, but there is no hugging on his behalf as he doesn't have that. All I can di is listen.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Joy on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:28 PM

welcome , im joy , glad you are here

jjamom
by Michele on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Welcome to the group. It must be hard not to be able to be hands on and help, but I am sure having you to talk to us a huge comfort for your daughter.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Welcome to the group! Sometimes that's all we need, someone to listen to us. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Welcome!

Victorine5
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM
You all our great , so glad I found you! My 5 yr old twin and 8 yr ok'd will fly to visit us in June. The other twin boy can't do the plane that definitly would not work with the noise and just the flight itself. So we're looking forward to having the two coming out to play lol
Kenre
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I wish my mother would let me talk to her like that. I am glad you are there for her even over the phone. It does help.

Autiziumom
by Bravo on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Atleast u listen! There's some families that don't even have that kind of support at all! All we need sometimes is for our families to listen! I don't have my mom to speak to! I only have my mom in law! I love her sooo much! She is such a blessing in my life! Good job grandma!
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I'm glad you found us!
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Welcome, at least you show you care. My son almost 5 years old and he has autism. And another son he almost 2. And my ex mom could not deal with me being a mom of a special needs son. He also can't walk.  So it's for the best she not in my family's life.  But I have my aunt and cousins to talk on phone. And my aunt kind of being grandma to my boys but she 2 hours away. So we don't see her much. But we love her. 

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Welcome to the group! Believe me, a sympathetic listener is a godsend. I think moms of SNs kids hear way too much criticism and negative comments from folks who think they could do a better job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN