Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids
Can anybody help me? My son has spd and I'm beyond frustrated. I'm a punctual person but with him I cannot make it anywhere on time. I can start getting him ready at 9 am to go somewhere at 3 pm and he just gets distracted and we are still late. It's that bad!
I've tried a schedule for getting ready but it didn't help. Anytime I tell him to do something he finds something else to do then says "but I'm busy doing this right now." It's terrible! And I'm spending all day trying to get him to do a few simple tasks then he complains he didn't get time to play. Well if it hadn't taken you forever to do it you would have had time!
Same with his schoolwork. It took him a full hour this morning to write one word in his journal. Normally he's done with journal and math in that amount of time!
Then he gets mad because he misses out. He missed out on the school Easter egg hunt the other day and he was all upset but he sure didn't learn anything from it! He insists they were mean and should have waited despite him being the one who didn't listen and was late.
Any tips to get him moving?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Replies (11-11):
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I don't have a lot of experience with this, but I'm sending positive thoughts!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)