Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tyler's mental/behavioral/counseling appt is at 10am. I'm scared they will think I'm just a bad parent. I'm afraid they will want to talk to Tyler alone, not that there's anything to hide, but this is our first meeting. I don't know them nor trust them. We never leave Tyler alone with Drs and rarely is he left alone with nurses when hospitalized (policy at the hospital requires parents are there 24/7 and we barely get breaks). So I'm not comfortable with that. Plus he's only 4 and still speech delayed so we translate a lot still. I dunno. I'm sure I'm being silly but I'm getting super scared. I'm also scared they will try diagnosing him as add or ADHD etc. Not that those are bad, but I really do not think that is an issue with Tyler and we refuse to add any more meds right now, unless its dire (like his seizure meds). I just worry that some Dr we don't know is just gonna slap a label on him and write a script and send us off.

****please do not take what I'm saying in a wrong way. Tyler has enough medical issues, adding more diagnosis will just about kill me right now. I personally think he is just having difficulty coping with his medical stuff and we as his parents are too and need help with more effective parenting tailored specifically to Tyler.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Replies (11-12):
karenl
by Karen on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM

(Hugs) I hope it went well!!

Mipsy
by Chelle on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Thank you gals! <3

I will update when dh finishes our taxes. Short story, it was good! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)