Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having to sugar coat everything!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:06 AM
  • 20 Replies
I'm so sick of not being able to post what's really going on in our lives on Facebook or even on Caringbridge because of my DRAMAQUEEN MIL!

I posted a status on FB tonight saying thanks to my mom for her help today because it was another bad day. My MIL knows about what we've been going through with Elijah's meltdowns. And still, any time I even vaguely refer to it- she calls my husband FREAKING OUT because her poor Elijah is such a wreck. She acts like he's dying or something (you should have seen her when he was having seizures all day and then brain surgery- it was the best time of her life!) ugh

The DH calls me all annoyed because he just had to spend 1/2 an hour calming down his ridiculous mother over MY FB status, when he needs to be working.

Who's the drama queen in your life?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Lmao! Sorry she's being that way! My fil brings a lot of drama to our lives, along with one of Brandon's cousins. 

gma12.1
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:47 AM

So far no drama queens. I pray it stays that way. I am sorry that you had to deal with that.

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins

Mipsy
by Chelle on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:50 AM

My MIL can be like that too and my mom can sometimes too. My mom irritates me cuz she can never just be in the middle, she is hot or cold about Tyler's issues. One day everything is "oh, he is just fine, drs just want money, I don't see any problems, don't believe everything dr's tell you" and then yesterday she was bawling saying "oh poor kid, will he ever have friends, will he date, will he marry, what about prom, i cant believe how hard it is on him" just, ugh. pick a side!

Mipsy
by Chelle on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Know what else I hate? When people ask if Tyler is doing any better. I loathe that question. HOnest answer: no, he is getting worse. What they want to hear: yes! Even if it's just "yeah, a little bit, we are getting there" buuuuut, we aren't, and he isn't. I never know what to say! If I say yes, then the next thing they hear is him being hospitalized etc, then they are like "but I thought you said he was doing better", how do you answer to that? And if you tell them he is honestly not doing good they get all puppy sad or awkward. 

willysmama
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:16 AM

I'm sorry you are going thru this. My younger sil on my hubby's side is the drama queen. Have you tried blocking her when you want to post something about Elijah and what a rough day he is having? I have had to help blocking a certain person from seeing certain posts and the drama has cut down quite a bit.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:36 AM
We are not close with family... And hubbys family is too stoic.. No emotion whst so ever... Which is hard too, cause it comes across as cold, dismissive and uncaring.
My hubby had 1 aunt who was dramatic. She is one if those people that are all interested in whats going on and seems super supportive to your face; but then runs to the rest of the family saying mean things about me, dh or ds. I dont bother talking to her at all anymore. 1-2 lines on email lying saying everythings great-- when they are challenging as all get out! Lol
Christy_517
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Ugh...sorry. Can you hide certain status updates and only vent to your friends?
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I'm sorry to hear. I just don't tell my family if it hard. I'm just worried when we take Jacob to doc in Omaha. Cory's mom coming. She has never been with us to a doc visit. She has not seen him freak out yet.  When took him to dentist and I text her he freaks out. She ask what's his problem ? 

Bawyada
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Since we are venting... My elderly father is slowly losing it, he forgets I 've been married for 21 years etc.  Yesterday on the phone he said "I'm looking at a picture right now of your son Jacob sitting next to that retarded boy" I took it in stride but it hurts nonetheless!  

Bawyada
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Maybe it will be good to have her finally see what you are talking about.  Don't expect any help from her though, you will probably have to calm her down as well.  UGH I get EXACTLY what you are going through.  Try to remember you are NOT alone, we are out there to support each other.  :-)

Quoting N.Carter2001:

I'm sorry to hear. I just don't tell my family if it hard. I'm just worried when we take Jacob to doc in Omaha. Cory's mom coming. She has never been with us to a doc visit. She has not seen him freak out yet.  When took him to dentist and I text her he freaks out. She ask what's his problem ? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)