Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FTT, developmental delays and hypertonia

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM
  • 8 Replies

my son is almost 5 months old with  FTT, developmental delays, and hypertonia do you think there could be one underlying problem that isnt being caught that all these things are actually symptoms of? anyone gone thru something similar and have an actual diagnosis? his eval from his therapist says decreased flexability in hamstrings (he cant bring his feet to his mouth) he has a head tilt and left rotation preference, left curved spine. flexing and extending of legs noted but minimal, decreased activation in pulling to sitting, unable to prop sit, unable to roll, he is deficit in coordination, balance, reaction time, stregnth, endurance, and range of motion/flexability does this sounds like CP? i have heard from many people it does

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Yep, sounds just like my little guy. He has cp. get a second opinion. Try and find a physiatrist or a dr of physical medicine. They know cp. but I can answer some questions if you want.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aewood02
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:57 PM

how old is your son and how old was he when diagnosed?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Welcome to the group!

mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

He's now 2 1/2. We spent a week in the hospital at 5 months for ftt. He got his cp dx at 7/8 months. 

Quoting aewood02:

how old is your son and how old was he when diagnosed?

JasmineJoy
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM

That sounds like what my DD has but instead of hypertonia she has hypotonia. I thought she had cp but her genetisict diagnosed her with cerebral hypoplasia when she was 9 months old. She's missing the 20th chromosome.

PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM
My DD had/has those same things and was diagnosed at 8 months with CP. Good luck finding a diagnoses!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aewood02
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:27 PM
he had possible seizures yesterday so he is now in the hospital had an eeg and mri of his brain done today waiting on results seeing if there are any abnormalities
MacensMommy228
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:32 PM
My son was developmental delay and hypotonia. So opposite of ur guy. We just went through diagnostic testing. They say static encephalopathy and cp which his neurologist did not want to diagnosis him with. Sounds like cp to me. U can refer him to early intervention ur self. I did.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)