Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Small update on our trip in Cincinnati

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:04 AM
  • 13 Replies
Hi guys! We are here in Cincinnati! Monday was a long and crazy day. We had 2 flights to get here from AZ. We flew from Phoenix to Denver, had a 5hr layover in Denver and saw ny family, then flew to Dayton, then drove about an hour to Cincinnati. We learned if the bombings on our first flight and security was upped at the airports but we made it through ok. Then we were on the tarmac and our plane needed a de-icing treatment cuz it was snowing. After the treatment, Denver shut their airport down due to the snow! We finally left an hour and a half late! The hospital arranged a shuttle to pick us up from Dayton to take us to our hotel and we were supposed to ride with another family coming in when we were supposed to. Our airline didn't update for 2hrs that our flight was delayed! Of course they went ahead and took the other family, that's too long to wait. But as we were walking off the plane at 1am (suppose to be in at 11:30pm) the shuttle service called to let us know they had another car on its way for us. The guy was super apologetic to us and I was like "what?! You guys have no idea how grateful we are for you guys! It's ok he's 20 minutes from the airport! We just landed and actually thought we'd have to fend for ourselves!" I was nearly in tears from their absolute kindness and come to find out, the guy I was speaking to was the owner (and their service isn't a small service!). This man stayed up until 1am figuring this out for just our family!!! And we barely waited a couple minutes after gathering luggage when they picked us up. They were so super nice! We got to our hotel and in bed by about 3:30am and were up at 7:30 for a test for Tyler.

Tyler had a gastric emptying scan yesterday. It went really well and he emptied 100x better than last time. We see the dr this morning to discuss it and other stuff. Supposed to be an hour long. Well we all ended up crashing during his test yesterday cuz it was 2hrs long. They seriously offered to let us stay in the test room and sleep for a bit afterwards! They said the room wasn't gonna be used the rest of the day. We went to eat instead cuz we felt all embarrassed they walked in on us snoozing, lol. But how stinking nice?! We then ate and got some shirts from their gift shop while waiting to go back to our hotel. We crashed and actually caught up on rest believe it or not! We swam and ate in our hotel room.

Today after the dr appt, Tyler should be admitted for an inpatient clean out. Then scopes tomorrow and the manometry testing on his intestines Friday. Then we come home Sunday. We are hoping dh and I get into Ronald McDonald House the next couple nights Ty is admitted, otherwise we are staying with him which is ok, but we have 5 bags of luggage and a carseat. Didn't think that out so well, lol! Oh well, we will get it figured out :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
willysmama
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Glad your visit so far has been good.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Thanks fir updating! Ive been thinking of you! Glad to hear everything is working out!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Hugs mama!  Thanks for the update:)

jjamom
by Michele on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I'm glad everything is going smoothly. I love to hear stories of kindness (like with the shuttle service). Hope everything continues to go so well!
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Wow, sounds like a great place! I hope he continues to do well!
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Wow, sounds like a great place! I hope he continues to do well!
natesmom1228
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Thanks for the update.

Mipsy
by Chelle on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM
:) thanks gals!!! As if right now his gastroparesis is resolved which means we get to stop a med!!!! I'm so freaking excited!! They said it can come back so he may just be doing well right now. We will take what we can get!!!

We LOVE the motility Dr! Omg in love! Super awesome guy! He could feel stool in Ty's tummy though :( we are eating Ty's last Neal today then admitted for clean out and the rest if tge tests I mentioned above :)
mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Thanks for the update! Sounds like things are going really well so far! 

cheergurl84
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Thanks for the update! I'm glad it's going well. Our trip is this summer and I'm excited but nervous. I pray his tests go well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)