My son has verbal apraxia. He's been in speech therapy since November and has made great progress. Maybe too good. He's going to be three this summer and I have his IEP conference next week. Then he will be evaluated. I'm afraid he won't be delayed enough anymore to get the help he needs. He certainly doesn't speak like a 3 year old. I would say he's at the level of a 18-20 month old now. He was at the level of a 12 month old when we started. I am literally gagging him with spoons on a daily basis to help his isolate the muscles to make sounds like "g" and "K". At this point he doesn't use the back of his throat at all. He recently was able to make the "f' sound and so now that is part of his repertoire. I had this thought that I should stop working with him so hard until after the eval. If he starts making the G and K sounds there is no way they will do anything for him. Is that a terrible thought I just had? I want him to talk, I really do. I just can't afford the copays with my insurance to get him speech therapy without the help of the school. I mean....I will. I'm just upset. I know I'm putting the cart before the horse on this and I should just wait and see. It's possible he will be taken care of by our school. I'm just so afraid.