Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Tics or twitching??

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 5 year old has recently started twitching his neck. For a few weeks he was constantly blinking his eyes, that stopped after about a few weeks. He has digestive issues and some allergies. He imitates our guinea pigs, but I dont think he's doing it on purpose. This is making me a nervous wreck, should I bring him to the dr or wait and see if it goes away? Thanks in advance ladies!!

by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mipsy
by Chelle on May. 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
What comes to my mind is my brother. He has OCD and as a child he did weird "tics". One was where he would constantly make himself burp, even tiny burps, then say excuse me. Then the burping stopped but he constantly said excuse me. Then he used to tilt his head back fast and make his neck make a popping sound. Then eventually he started obsessive hand washing and others. But at about 5 was when he did his neck thing. It was so weird and gross. But we didn't discover he had OCD until he was 16. My parents even took him to Drs and they just shrugged it off as being an odd child. So not saying that's what it is, but that's what it reminds me of *hugs*
mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 8, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs* I'd take him in, better safe then sorry.

letstalk747
by Joy on May. 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM

see his DR. tomorrow  as soon as possible

karenl
by Karen on May. 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Thank you I'm going to bring him in tomorrow. I was going to wait a few days but I'm a nervous wreck. 

Quoting letstalk747:

see his DR. tomorrow  as soon as possible

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 9, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Good luck and let us know how things go!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN