Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Do you remember your child's first milestone?

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 15 Replies

I was thinking about a blog post my friend recently wrote about her babys milestones. His first smile, his first tooth, his first word, the first time he rolled over etc..and I was reminded of my sons milestones and how very different they were, but were celebrated with just as much enthusiam.

The first big milestone for my son was him being able to hold his head up at about 18 months old. Although it was still cocked to the side, he finally had enough muscle strength to be able to do it. I think I took like 50 pictures of him those first couple of days..lol

Do you remember your loved one's first milestone?

by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladyraven16
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM
My oldest was early on a lot of things but I kind of remeber them. I remember when he was 4.5 mo old he pulled up on a table and hit his face on it lol. He walked at 8 mo.

My youngest was early at rolling and climbed before he ever learned to crawl lol. His first word wasn't until 2 though so that was an exciting day!
MommyAJ2921
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Absolutely. My baby boy kept his eyes closed...they were only open a fraction after he was born...as I was holding him they closed. He was like that (eyes closed) for what seemed like most of the time he was in the hospital (he stayed 2 extra days because I was being kept and the dr. didn't want to send him home with me there so he was there)...my ex wondered if he was EVER gonna open his eyes. LOL..I was nervous but calm and said when he was ready he would. He would crack them open while having a bottle but closed em when he realized you saw him. Finally I just stopped worrying about it and then....finally...I look down one day as he was feeding and he stared back up at me...blinked and kept right on feeding. I could hardly believe it. His eyes were a smoky brown hazelly color..they were beautiful. I took so many flippin pictures it was ridiculous. I'll never forget it.

jjamom
by Michele on May. 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I remember the first time he sat up on his own, at 11 mos. we had been working on it for so long. We were all sitting around him clapping and cheering and he was SO proud if himself!

I remember all of his milestones a little more clearly than my other two kids, I think because we waited for them so much longer and worked so much harder to get there. I remember the first time my other two walked, but other things not as much. Kind of sad, I guess I took them more for granted.
mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 10, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Jacob's smile was on track, and that has always been my favorite thing. At about 2 months he was socially smiling. We got rolling, reaching for toes, semi crawling by 18 months. A few words, including mama within the last year. There aren't many, but we cherish them all the same.

zadesmom1998
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Ds 9 didn't start talking till he was 4. The speech teacher had been working on I love you for months. The first time he said those words I thought angels were singing. It was an amazing day
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 10, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I remember his first smile and first laugh:)

SamMom912
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I remember his first smile too.., then he tooted the loudest toot I had ever heard.. And my sil says... He wasnt smiling.. It was gas! And i disagreed... He smiled at me! :) 

First word was mom at 9 months.. Walking at just about 20 months (boy did I think that was never going to happen!) 

But his issues aside from the low muscle tone didnt pop up til about 2... 2.5. I think when he realized he and I were different peoplethings got tougher.. He would fight more leaving th house. Melt down more over clothes and noises. More panic attacks more anxiety.

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on May. 10, 2013 at 6:42 PM
I remember the 1st time Elijah stood up on his own after the seizures had taken all of his milestones back... And the first time he ate solid food again. The first and second and third time he learned to walk...
gma12.1
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Being able to reach out and grasp a toy when she was 8mos old.

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins R & A

nicki.hemingway
by Nicki on May. 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM

AJ lost the ability to hold his head up at 8 weeks and regained in at 5 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)