Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Follow up question

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hey ladies, I don't know why I didn't ask this the first time, but I recently posted about my son putting everything in his mouth or licking it, if it is a sensory issue is it something they outgrow? Please say yes!!

by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momgirlsx2
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Wish I could say yes....dd is 9 and still puts thumb or other things in her mouth(mostly thumb). Her Psychologist says its a sensory issue and gives her a sense of security. We've tried every thing imaginable to make her stop. Dr says she'll stop when she's ready. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gma12.1
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Lina is 9.5 and has been putting things in her mouth for always but over the last couple of years it has gotten worse. She puts everything in her mouth, I have had to yell at her in the car because she is chewing on the seatbelt, she chews the strings of the hood on her jacket, buttons on shirts go into her mouth, the bottles to her baby dolls are all chewed on the nipple area. Everyone in the house watches her and as soon as she puts non-food items in her mouth she is told to get them out. We know that she has anxiety issues but she hasn't been dx'd with that yet. I think for her it is sensory.  

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins R & A

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)