Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you got school all set up for next september ?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 18 Replies

by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linagma03
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. Lina will be going to the same school and unless something happens she will have the same teacher too. 

Ronnyboy n girlAsa        blowing bubblesLina         My 2nd time around & LOVING IT!

SamMom912
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM

yep. Sam will be moving to the second grade. He will be in the same 1/2 special ed, 1/2 regular ed class. We are going to TRY to take the bus in September to see if he can hack it... but, if he cant.. Ill drive him (like this year.. and the year before.. and the year before.. LOL
Im a little stressed because his BFF was in K (reg ed) with him and 1st grade (1/2)... and BFF is on the regular ed side... and they dont put kids in special ed 2xs in a row... so they will be split up next year. Am very worried about how my guy is going to handle himself. I know it will be a stretch for him... and give him an opportunity to make new friends... but... sigh... i sure do like a cushion and safety net.

mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Not really! LoL. Katy is on a waiting list for one school, and I have the paperwork filled out for another school, but we really want school #1, so I'm waiting on the other paperwork.

jjamom
by Michele on May. 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Yep. We had his IEP annual review in February and he will remain in the same program for next year.
BKozICan
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this

IEP meeting this morning. His new school should be awesome. 

Mipsy
by Chelle on May. 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Just about, we have our IEP meeting with the charter school next month and today I had a phone cal with teh district nurse going over what special needs Tyler needs medically and she is preparing everything now. They are working on getting an aide as well. Very excited about the school we chose now, they are so knowledgeable about his health issues having dealt with them before and have complete confidence in caring for him. Our district was so timid and nervous.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 30, 2013 at 5:31 AM

Well, he's supposed to go to a new school...Peninsula School for Autism, but I'm not sure if he will start right at the beginning of the year or if we'll wait until right after Christmas...we will see:)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 30, 2013 at 5:32 AM
1 mom liked this

If we wait, then he will go to his current school at the beginning of the year.

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Jacob will start kindergarden in aug full day. We going to try to put him on bus. His dad cant take him. He trying to get a job. And our friend that takes us her van dont work a lot.  i dont drive.

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on May. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
He's got his placement. Next week, we are going to see the school and meet the teacher! Eek
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)