Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Nutritionist said........my poor baby

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ok. Lina has low calcium levels so even tho she has a weight problem we were told to keep her on whole milk, yogurt, & cheese. She wants me to take Lina off ALL dairy & dairy products and ALL apples & apple products to see if that will control the type of stools, the number she has as well as the gas. Well she gets free lunch all her class mates get school lunch so she wouldn't understand why all of a sudden she couldn't eat the school lunch, then we'd have major meltdowns. I got her some rice milk and she loves it, so I can't control her dairy intake 100% at school but I can control a small part so I send 2 thermos' to school 1 with milk, 1 with crystal light plus fruit to go with her lunch. Yesterday she came home and told me that there was cheese for lunch but "I not eat the cheese Grandma I not 'sposed to." I couldn't explain to her that it was okay to eat cheese at school but not at home so I just told her that was good. So now Lina gets to eat 4 gummy calcium/D3 vitamins every morning before school.

All that said we are waiting until school is out on the 14th then we are going to start the 100% no dairy no apple diet for 2 weeks. Part of me is hoping that this doesn't make a difference because I really don't want to cut her cheese & frozen yogurt out of her diet those are her favorite after school snacks.  

• My 2nd time around. I LOVE EVERY MINUTE!!!
  •           boy n girlblowing bubbles
  • Ronny              Asa                     Lina 
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM

*hugs* hope it goes well. 

suebee3
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM

My daughter is on a Gluten, dairy, egg and soy free diet.  You can find ice cream made from soy milk, almond milk ans coconut milk.  They also make yogurt from almonds and coconut and soy.  You can also get soy cheeses.  Some brands are really good.  There are many alternatives out there now.  My daughter is in kindergarten.  I send in lunch and let her pick her special snack.  I have the teacher keep her special bars and fudge on hand just in case of birthday parties.  The best thing to do is explain the truth to your daughter.  That these certain foods may be hurting you and your body but you can help me pick out other special things just for you.  My daughter is very good and telling people she can't have a certain food and her teacher has been wonderful at keeping me posted on events coming up in the class that she may need something.  It is an adjustment for everyone but you can do it

cnsmom
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I had to take my son off of dairy when he was younger.  It was so hard.  At school if they had dairy in the main coarse they would fix him a ham sandwich.  When they had pizza he would get some and he would take the cheese off of it.  He is ok with dairy now, I'm so glad.  (he was extremely limited, but not 100 percent off of it) 

Good luck.

dawncs
by Dawn on May. 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Have you thought of going to your natural foods store in your area? There are some really good ice creams made with coconut or soy milk out there. I really love them!

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on May. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM
That is hard! *HUGS*
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 30, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Hugs mama!

lissadavis
by Member on May. 30, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I have kids on special diets. All I ha to do was get the doctor to write it up, The school accommodated it. They treated it like it was no big deal.
Linagma03
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Thanks I'll try to find some of those and see if she likes it. So far she will eat just about anything you put in front of her. We did find that she refuses to drink the fat free milk. She has known for a long time that she can't have oranges because they give her a rash when she pees, and the first time oranges were served as the fruit she told her teacher she couldn't eat oranges they gave her a rash. At least she remembered that. She is remembering about the apples and school milk because I'm sending fruit that she can have and she likes that better. 

Quoting suebee3:

My daughter is on a Gluten, dairy, egg and soy free diet.  You can find ice cream made from soy milk, almond milk ans coconut milk.  They also make yogurt from almonds and coconut and soy.  You can also get soy cheeses.  Some brands are really good.  There are many alternatives out there now.  My daughter is in kindergarten.  I send in lunch and let her pick her special snack.  I have the teacher keep her special bars and fudge on hand just in case of birthday parties.  The best thing to do is explain the truth to your daughter.  That these certain foods may be hurting you and your body but you can help me pick out other special things just for you.  My daughter is very good and telling people she can't have a certain food and her teacher has been wonderful at keeping me posted on events coming up in the class that she may need something.  It is an adjustment for everyone but you can do it

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2013 at 12:24 PM

The nutritionist thinks that this will stop the amount of bowel movements she has in a day (4-8) some are loose but formed others are almost like diarreha (?) then the gas that she has is unreal this kid farts so much she should be in orbit by now.  

Quoting cnsmom:

I had to take my son off of dairy when he was younger.  It was so hard.  At school if they had dairy in the main coarse they would fix him a ham sandwich.  When they had pizza he would get some and he would take the cheese off of it.  He is ok with dairy now, I'm so glad.  (he was extremely limited, but not 100 percent off of it) 

Good luck.

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I am going to look and see if I can find one closer to where we live. I know where one is but it is about an hour away. The only problem is the expense of the foods that are good for her. I may be doing a lot more canning this year than any other.

Quoting dawncs:

Have you thought of going to your natural foods store in your area? There are some really good ice creams made with coconut or soy milk out there. I really love them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)