Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He is still special needs, just not like yours!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:05 AM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

My oldest has a very severe form of ADHD.  Most people think oh that is not a special needs child. My child is. He has to take 3 different kind of medications daily. One for concentration issues, one for the hyperness and one is to help him sleep at night. He gets agitated very easily if he can't understand why something doesn't work the way he wants it to.  He is in behavorial therapy, also.  He is doing better on the new medicine than he was his old medicine. So, no he might not look like he is special needs, but he is. Just a different form of special needs.   IF YOU ARE JUST GONNA BASH, YOUR COMMENT WILL BE DELETED.

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:55 AM
6 moms liked this

First of all, welcome to the group!  Your child is definitely special needs mama, so you don't have to be defensive in this group...we welcome all kinds of special needs!  

FYI - Only CM admin can delete comments, but you won't find any bashing in this group...I promise:)

RJC78
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I feel you mama!  My dd has selective mutism and very few people actually get it.  Hugs!

cheergurl84
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Welcome to the group! My son has ADHD as well!
jjamom
by Michele on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Welcome to the group! As Darby said, this is a very supportive group - with Moms of kids with a wide range of SN.
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM
We are a pretty understanding group of moms :) welcome to you and your SN child
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Welcome. No need to get defensive we are a very mild group who supports everyone.
AMDS0304
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Welcome to the group. Is therapy helping his behavior? We see a behavior therapist as well not for ADHD although my twins are ADHD. ODD is the reason for therapy with us. Mine dont look special needs either but have a long list of things wrong witg them.
Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome to the group! I just have one question, did you post somewhere else and get attacked by the people there? Too many don't understand or in most cases I feel that they DON'T WANT to understand. Here we understand exactly what you are going thru. My little one doesn't look special needs but she is. I get people that give the look like she is nothing but a babied spoiled brat.

shake hand

Again Welcome to the Group!

• My 2nd time around. I LOVE EVERY MINUTE!!!
  •          boy n girlblowing bubbles
  • Ronny              Asa                     Lina 
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM

welcome , im joy ,,,,,,

we dont bash here.

of course your child is special needs , and we have many ADHD'ERS HERE

lizard3731
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM

My autistic 4 year old looks "normal," so people assume he's a brat or that I'm a bad parent.  Or both.  It is hard sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)