Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been awhile

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
Work keeps me so busy I don't have the time to post. B is doing okay. He didn't poop for 17 days and after an enema pooped once. That was on May 30th. Yesterday we did another enema with one more poop. Oddly enough his belly is pretty soft which amazes me because he should be filled with stool.

Besides that we were denied for OT through insurance. They said it wasn't medically necessary. Right away, his PM&R doctor contacted his OT and she contacted the clinic social worker and some others. They've resubmitted the OT request to insurance after some changes and if this doesn't work they will be looking into student clinics and other things in the area. So hopefully between all of them, B will be getting OT again. His PM&R doc also said she believes my doc contacted her about me and some issues to see what to do and I was set up with my own PM&R doc for eval. She told me when I see him to request a referral to a geneticist. I can't believe they are doing so much for us. We have an amazing team. If anyone wants to get updates on Brodie I have also started a page for him.

I hope all of you and your kids are doing well!
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Hope it works out and you guys can get started in OT!

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Sounds like you have lots of support! I hope he gets OT soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM

We've missed you mama...thanks for the update!

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:01 PM

im so glad you have a good team

Mipsy
by Chelle on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM
*hugs* my sons belly is often soft even when full of stool. Our drs have learned that's not a good indicator of if he's full badly ir not. He's been completely soft and xrays showed he was back up onto his small intestine. So of you think he's not feeling good cuz of it, contact your Dr and get a kub *hugs*
cheergurl84
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM
She would do a KUB if I asked but even when he's completely full, he doesn't usually act sick.
It's so hard to tell with him. I'm going to see if we can get him to go anymore. If not, he will need a KUB for sure.

Quoting Mipsy:

*hugs* my sons belly is often soft even when full of stool. Our drs have learned that's not a good indicator of if he's full badly ir not. He's been completely soft and xrays showed he was back up onto his small intestine. So of you think he's not feeling good cuz of it, contact your Dr and get a kub *hugs*
natesmom1228
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Thanks for the update. I have been really busy and haven't been on much either. Stop back and see us whenever you are able to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)