Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hospital Admission - UPDATE

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 21 Replies

Brady will be admitted to the hospital tomorrow as his congestion, coughing, and ear infection hasn't gotten any better after 1 week+ of 3 different antibiotics.  His doctor also wants to test him for c-diff, which is an intestional bacterial infection that is usually caused by too many antibiotics or being on them for too long.  His doctor is pretty sure he might have c-diff, which can be treated with more antibiotics...as strange as that sounds.  He will most likely go to the PICU on Tuesday to have a PICC line inserted (central IV line) so he can finish IV meds at home.  Staying inpatient for 2 weeks is a really hard thing for Brady so we are hoping for a PICC line so we can head home later in the week.  

I won't be in the group much this week, but I'll be thinking about you ladies and your sweet little ones as well:)

We are HOME!!!  Brady's doctor agreed to try a different medication and let him go home as long as we come back for a check up on Wednesday!  We are thrilled and SO glad to be home!!!

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Wishing Brady home soon... And extra patience to get him through the time he does have to stay. Hugs!
jjamom
by Michele on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope they can get things stabilized and a PICC line in so you can go home soon. I'll be thinking about and praying for all of you. Update us when you can.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM

*hugs*

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Sending lots of good vibes and prayers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM

and i will be thinking about you guys

Mipsy
by Chelle on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Big *hugs* Darby! I hope they put the PICC in, I really think he vould benefit from it especially with how often he's been lately. Hoping this helps, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers
cnsmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I'm so sorry that Brady has to be hospitalized.  I pray that he has a speedy recovery.  Please keep us updated as soon as you are able.  Just know that we will be thinking of and praying for your family.

golfqueen123
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Still don't know how you guys do it! Hope he gets to come home soon and he feels better!

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Big Hugs! I will keep you and Brady in my thoughts. 

• My 2nd time around. I LOVE EVERY MINUTE!!!
  •          boy n girlblowing bubbles
  • Ronny              Asa                     Lina 
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:46 PM
You're in my thoughts!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)