Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Realtor coming over tonight

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM
  • 19 Replies
We have 4 boys in 1400 sq ft, so we are going to discuss whether we can think about upgrading! I doubt it- we have only been in the house for 3 years, and bigger houses in our area start around $600k.... But I'm trying to be optimistic! :)
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Good luck and let us know how things go!!!

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Yikes at the house prices! Can you add on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Good Luck!

• My 2nd time around. I LOVE EVERY MINUTE!!!
  •          boy n girlblowing bubbles
  • Ronny              Asa                     Lina 
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, what we can sell it for is good news, but we have to talk to our lender to see if we can qualify for something more...
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM

We opted to add on due to that very same issue (but not the 3 boys..lol) houses in our neighborhood start at Crazy prices too... We bought for less 15 years ago, but to get in now... Phew... . We had 1900 sf, central to train and 2 highways, 3 minutes to town and feels like country with private 2 acres (just outside NYC) and put on an addition of playroom, another bedroom 2 car garage and master suite. We reconfigured the space to get laundry upstairs (yeah, no more trips to basement!). 

It was slightly stressful for 5 months... We were down to 1 bath, 1 bedroom, our diningroom became other bedroom and kitchen... But we did it.. And our house is really functional. 

We now have lots of space! Family room, dr, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, formal LR, playroom, kitchen..and garage. Im only slightly disappointed with the exterior of the house... I learned alot about renos... And building.  

I luuuvvvved picking out all the finishes, flooring, bathroom cabinets, tile, lighting... Was such fun! 

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I can't afford an add-on because we got two down payment assistance loans, (loans that we don't pay any interest on or make payments on until we pay off the house), but because its already a 3 layer mortgage, no one will give us a home equity loan... Plus, it's a '32 craftsman with steps up and down to each room and narrow doorways.... There's really no way to make it wheelchair friendly.
Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Oh, I feel for you.  Our last house was great for my husband, son, and the one more baby I planned to have sometime after we moved in.  When that one more baby was triplets, it did us in!  We finally were busting at the seems and moved last year to a house with much more space to spread out, more beds and baths, a fence to keep kids in.  Best thing we ever did!  I hope you get that option too as it has been a lifesaver for us!!  Good Luck!

letstalk747
by Joy on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM

good luck

mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Good luck!

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:46 AM
We ended up selling our house and renting from dh's parents. Much bigger space, and soon they'll start the renovation to change one side of the garage into another bedroom/bathroom. It stinks going back to renting but it's what we can afford to do. We had a family of 5 in a 1000 sq ft, 2 bedroom house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)