Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

MRI with Sedation

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM
  • 8 Replies
Shelby is having an MRI of her head today and has to be completely sedated. All of this is really hard for her. She doesn't understand why she has an iv nor does she like it. Just hoping she comes thru it with no seizure or other issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Good luck!  We just did the sedated CAT scan last week, so I feel your pain.  My daughter did not love it either, but amazingly they put her down with some sleepy gas first and then put the IV in after she was under.  Usually they do the IV first.  Maybe you could ask for that.  it really helped us!  Good luck with your test!!

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Lina has had 2 sedated MRI's but she doesn't mind needles. They used some numbing gel on 3 different places so that if they couldn't get the IV in one place they had 2 other choices. She went out quickly, funny to watch, & came out quickly also. I was worried about seizures too but at the same time knowing that she was right there in the Children's Hospital where all her Dr's are having the test done really helped me to stay calm. 

jjamom
by Michele on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Good luck! I'm glad they are sedating her. I have had multiple brain and neck MRIs and they take a long time. Hopefully they'll slip her the meds through IV and she'll never know.
letstalk747
by Joy on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:41 AM

huggggggggs

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Hugs mama!  My son has had 2 sedated MRIs on his brain...I know how it is:)

bmw29
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Ds had a sedated MRI. I think I was more freaked than he was. Good luck.
graycalico
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Hope it went well. Try used the sleepy gas for my ds before the iv. The hand off was awful. It's so hard to put our kids through stuff, even though its necessary. *hugs*
momgirlsx2
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM
She did wonderful! And I'm glad they put her out because they put something over her face which had she been awake would have caused major issues! Now we wait for results. Thanks for the support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)