Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Is it me or am I just a heartless b••••...

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 23 Replies
I am moving and posted about selling stuff kids clothes furniture basic yard sale stuff but I get people who inbox me going do you have xyz for free cause my sons special needs/ disabled . My thoughts are so what I have a SN kid too so that entitles one for freebies is it just me or am I a heartless bitch. I never pull this crap.
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I don't use it but if I know if someone with sn kids that needs something I'm getting rid of, I'm likely to give it to them rather than sell it.
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I agree with arkmom...
If its something im not using- i know the expense that goes with SN kid vs typical kid... I try to help those in need.
That being said.. Im not missing any meals, and have a nice roof over my head... And my sn son "needs" for nothing... So i consider it a luxury that i can give away...
If giving away "takes" from ur family- then by all means- sell to the highest bidder!
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I'm with these ladies.  I buy my kids what they need, and do not expect a hand out just because we have SN kiddos.  And I would NEVER contact someone asking for something free just because you are having a sale.

But once we're done with something, if I know someone else with SN kids that may need or use it, I give it away.  Especially medical supplies that insurance bought anyway, like my daughter's walker.  SN can be very expensive, and not everyone has services that cover them.  Maybe the family contacting you was really at their limit and truly could not afford what they needed?  Or maybe they were milking the SN card, sadly that happens too. 

x_Starr_x
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Ya i dont mind doing some freebies from time to time but I posted about my sale clearly stated in moving far and need the funds but it erps me people try to pull the my kids sn give me free stuff its just shamful in parts I think
lizard3731
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I think some people assume they"re owed something, because they have a sn child.  I don't understand it

jjamom
by Michele on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I agree with you, I don't like when people use it as any kind of cop out, including getting free stuff. That's just not right and I would personally never do that.

With that said, we live comfortably financially, so we do give a lot away when we no longer have a need for it. But I agree with the pp who said if it is going to take away from your family's financial needs, I would just tell the person that. Let them know that you know how expensive it can be to have a child with SN, because you have one too, and that you really need to sell it because you need the money.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Not only do they believe that they're owed something, but they are the ones that pretend to be martyrs. I really dislike those people.    

Quoting lizard3731:

I think some people assume they"re owed something, because they have a sn child.  I don't understand it

girl_incognito
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I would reply back, I have a SN child as well, that's one reason I'm selling my things, to provide for him. Then direct them to wish upon a hero :D

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:32 AM

What kind of stuff are you selling?

Can I get a more comprehensive list?

CafeMom Tickers
x_Starr_x
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:45 AM
It was kid stuff furniture basic yard sale moving stuff

Quoting Basherte:

What kind of stuff are you selling?

Can I get a more comprehensive list?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN